Tesco Direct FAIL! ***************Resolved** ******************

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yestarday, i collected my tescos direct items from my local store ( heanor ) after waiting half an hour for my items to be found, i then returned home.

i descovered 2 of the items were very damaged. first off, the box which the monkey egg cups ( cat number - 2139939)were in, was totally torn apart. there is no way i could give this to someone as a gift. then i find that the rachel allen cake stand ( cat number - 2132462) was smashed to pieces!! and even more insulting, there is blood on the stand!!! the person packing this had obviously cut their hand on the broken pot and still sent it out!!! im completely disgusted!!!!

so, i return to the store to get a replacement and was told they couldnt do anything and i will have to contact tescos direct. so ive made 2 journeys, wasteing my petrol!!! i sent a email of complaint to the online customer care team and have not heard from them. i was also told by tescos on their facebook page that this will be sorted.... didnt hear anything all day.

so i phoned tescos direct today to be told that il have to phone back in the morning and i couldnt make a complaint!!! i urged the lady to put me through to someone to make a complaint but she refused!!! not only have they disgusted me, they have now offended me!

ive reported them to trading standards and im now trying to find an email/phone number to make a official complaint to but i cant find any! does anyone have any info on what else i can do and who to contact.

i look forward to replys, Amy.

376823_10150351481612000_614376999_8609186_1984185291_n.jpg

381781_10150351482232000_614376999_8609188_945218495_n.jpg

386106_10150351482927000_614376999_8609189_952848315_n.jpg

Edited by Amy_Elizabeth
oopd, forgot photos!

Hi Amy

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark it as such. Explain whats happened and what you want them to do. If you've still got the products, take photos

send attachments with letter. There is a Health and Safety issue, because you also could of cut yourself on the product.

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Send to:-

Philip Clarke, Chief Executive

philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

Hi

I don't know how current this email addy is but at the last check, he was the Chief Exec

philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oops, Rebel beat me to it :!:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

This is their registered office if you want to send it there

TESCO HOUSE

DELAMARE ROAD,

CHESHUNT,

HERTS

EN8 9SL

Thank you silverfox. i have emailed Philip Clarke and had a reply from the facebook team -

Hi Amy, I am really sorry to learn what has happened. In situations like this we would like to send the items back to the warehouse so we can look in to why this has happened. This is not our normal standard and we would not like to see something like this happening again. I can't explain why you were advised to call back another time. I will forward your details to our Tesco Direct Support Team so that the issue can be escalated further. Thanks for taking the time to contact us, Leah - Customer Care.

i will be sending out the letter in the morning. thank you for the help, i will keep you updated of the outcome x

i have recieved a reply from Dawn Clark, Chief Executive’s Office

Dear Ms Robinson

Thank you for your email which is receiving our attention.

Kind Regards

Dawn Clark

Chief Executive’s Office

and trading standards

11 November 2011

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct dated 10 November 2011. Your reference number for this case is 4483776

We appreciate your taking the time to inform us of this matter.

The information you’ve supplied has been sent to the relevant Trading Standards Service for their information purposes. This information will help to ensure that the relevant Trading Standards is made aware of the trader’s current business practice.

The key legal points in response to your enquiry are as follows:

You have rights against Tesco under a piece of legislation called the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

The Act states that the egg cup and cake stand supplied to you must be of a ‘satisfactory quality’. This means they should be free from faults and should last a reasonable time; bearing in mind any relevant factors such as the age, cost, manufacturer and description given.

If the egg cup and cake stand are not of a satisfactory quality, you may be entitled to a replacement or, in certain circumstances, a refund or partial refund; this will depend on what a court feels is most reasonable and although it’s rarely necessary, a court is the only way to enforce your rights.

Our experience shows that the best way to deal with this is by letter.

In the first instance, ask Tesco for what you feel you’re entitled to. If you feel Tesco are not going to help, then you should write to them under the Sale of Goods Act.

Send this letter by recorded delivery, keeping a copy, this has more impact and helps you to prove that you have been reasonable.

Noted below is a template of a relevant letter that you may find useful.

If you need further advice on this case please call 0845 404 05 06 for assistance from one of our advisers. Alternatively you could look at our website, http://www.direct.gov.uk/consumer

Thank you for your enquiry

Clive Harris

Consumer Direct Advisor

intresting!

ive just sent another email back. this is beyond ridiculous!

Sale of Goods Act 1979

Thank you for the quick response. I today, (12/11/2011) received the replacement goods.( monkey egg cups cat number - 2139939 & rachel allen cake stand cat number - 2132462) from replacement order 53270408

However, once again The goods are not of a satisfactory. Although the Rachel Allen cake stand is fine, The monkey egg cup box is ripped apart. This is a gift for a family member! The condition i have received this product in, is not acceptable!

I've not yet received even a apology for the first items! and not just a apology, a meaningful and substantial gesture of goodwill! Let me assure you that now, a dismissive two-line apology will not satisfy me.

I expect you to respond quickly in a professional manner.

I look forward to your reply, Mrs xxxxxxxxxxxx.

298969_10150356400327000_614376999_8625080_635355173_n.jpg Edited by Amy_Elizabeth

ive just received a email reply -

Dear Mrs xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for you email addressed to our Chief Executive, Phillip Clarke, to which I have been asked to respond.

I was concerned to learn that on both occasions, selected items from your Tesco Direct order were damaged and of an unacceptable quality. I appreciate how disappointing and frustrating this must have been for you, and would like to offer my apologies for any upset caused.

I assure you that we are a company committed to provide the very best in terms of customer service. Therefore, it is most disappointing when a valued customer is unhappy with any aspect of our operations.

The last thing I want is to prolong the issue or leave you disappointed. Therefore, I have refunded the egg cup set to you payment card as a gesture of goodwill. I have also refunded a further £10.00 for the additional inconvenience caused and I trust you will accept this with my best wishes. Please allow 3-5 working days for this to arrive with you in your account

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to the attention of our Chief Executive's office. I hope that within time we can restore your faith in our operations and continue to look forward to your valued custom.

Kind Regards

John McGovern

Customer Service Executive

i used my clubcard points to pay for the items so how on earth are they going to refund my card???

• 2 weeks later...

ive received a email back which is a load of bull. they never had my payment details as i used my points! they now want to give me a £20 tescos gift card instead of the £24 refund! i dont want a bloody gift card!!! grrrr

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that you have never received the £14.00 refund to your payment card that I arranged. I checked and the amount was definitely processed at the time. To be sure I was going to do this again but unfortunately we no longer have your payment details. So, if you are happy to accept, I would like to send you a £20.00 Tesco Moneycard instead. This will cover the £14.00 refund, plus a little extra for any additional inconvenience caused.

Thank you once for bringing this to the attention of our Chief Executive's office and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

John McGovern

Customer Service Executive

Sorry Amy, I had to laugh at this 'plus a little extra'. Addition, processing, compensation aren't his strong points, now they are trying to claw back the Goodwill Gesture. It might be an idea to summarise the 'goodwill gesture' debacle. Point out what he has said and what he has actully done.

ive received a email back which is a load of bull. they never had my payment details as i used my points! they now want to give me a £20 tescos gift card instead of the £24 refund! i dont want a bloody gift card!!! grrrr