Backing up a Mobile Phone? Help!!!

papadak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have you got Samsung Kies on your PC? I have backed up all my contacts, photos and videos. Not sure about messages. I'll check

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Have you got Samsung Kies on your P C? I have backed up all my contacts, photos and videos. Not sure about messages. I'll check

WOW!!! ...Thanks vm .. that works a treat. Appreciate your post. Bless u xx

• 2 weeks later...

The Galaxy S2 is more than an incredibly beautiful face and a smartphone incredibly fast - it has more extras than a DVD case.

We could go on about the features of Android until the cows come home, but even with our bovine friends all tucked in bed with a story, you still need time to introduce the Samsung additional software added to Google's mobile operating system.

Fortunately, we have some time on our hands, so let's dive into the program - from Kies.

Samsung Kies 2.0

Kies 2.0 should come with a letter of apology to all those who have struggled with the first Kies. However, Apple users will have to wait for theirs, since it is only compatible with Windows.

The original Samsung Kies synchronization software allows you to connect your Samsung Galaxy S to your PC using a USB cable to transfer files and grab the software updates.

Kies 2.0 is a thin veil off of iTunes. You can buy Android apps, sync music and other media, and sync your contacts with Google and Outlook.

You can even skip the USB connection and connect your phone to your computer via Wi-Fi.

It is worth remembering that the original Kies with errors like a sack of beetles. So, while Kies 2.0 looks promising, let's keep the fire in our opinion until we take it for a long test in our full review.

Samsung Kies Air

Kies Air is no software to sync the phone - instead, is a way to control the phone itself, from the comfort of your browser.

You do not have to connect your phone to your computer, simply connect to the same Wi-Fi. No need to install any software on your computer, just use your Web browser to access the phone's IP address.

Once found, you can start playing with your stuff. You can send text messages, edit your photos and much more.

From the original Kies tend to struggle to find even a phone connected via USB, we believe that the connection via Wi-Fi might actually be more reliable than cable.

Auto backup and synchronization

Yet another way to connect two S Galaxy on your computer is the automatic backup and synchronization application. It also works wirelessly, but uses its own DLNA Samsung AllShare.

It can be installed on any Windows 7 computer AllShare. Samsung says it will also be able to back up your phone directly to the hard drive on a Samsung set-top box or Blu-ray.

Once connected, you can set the phone to synchronize at a specific time of day, when fully loaded or when connected to a device AllShare particular. You can also configure the files, folders or file types to synchronize.

This makes synchronization and sharing the Galaxy S 2 one of the phones we've ever seen online. Furthermore, as the phone runs on Android, Google's got integrated back-up to synchronize the configuration and applications.

When connected in mass storage mode you have the option of doing various actions on the connection and can be configured either to occur during the connection.