Pending CCJ from wholesale suppliers

Jaxo_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,. Long time since i posted on here but here goes,..

I am self employed and have wholesale accounts with a few different electrical suppliers. Last week I came home to a letter from the local court about an account i had a few years back that is owing £700. Basically I have until november sometime to either pay the balance in full or contest the summons..

Now I have a few probs,. 1st the account with the place in question,. I had a disagreement with the owner,.. I had bought a lot of stuff but the wrong items where delivered,. these where returned but they never came of the account,. each month when my bill came in the cost of the items where still on the bill,. I pulled them up on this and they said they would take them of the next bill..

2nd, each month when i received my invoice it was hand written,. half the time i had no idea what i had bought as the invoices where illegible and I just paid the money,.. I ended up loosing patience with them and started using a different supplier and never when back near them..

The £700,. which is on the court letter,.. basically I know I owe them money, but as I said above returns where never credited to the account and in reality it is about 300-400 which is owed.

I would just like some advice about what to do next,. Part of me is saying contest this and pay the fee as although I owe them money it is only about half of what they are telling the court i owe them,. Then, another part of me is saying "hang on a minute" this letter from the court is addressed to a person that doesnt exist.. Yes although I am known by one christian name (have been since i was a child) it is not the christian name on my birth certificate. What I am thinking is,.. If I ignore this can it go down on my credit file although it is address to a non existant person,. What would others do in this situation.. ?

One last thing,.. this isnt my fault or something I have tried to do to defraud, the wholesales in question was made fully aware of my real name when the account was opened,. It just happens that I am known more by a nickname that my official name.. It should also be noted that I spent 10`s of 000`s in the few years prior to the disagrement with them and the £700 amount is pretty trivial compaired to what I actually did pay them (In other words, i did not open an account,. get a lot of stuff and disappear,. I had this account 2-3 years before I defaulted on it,. and it was paid in full each month)

Thanks in advance for any replies or help