Screen on netbook flickering but I've already upgraded it (voided warranty)

semo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I would like some advice on where I stand in regards to warranties. I upgraded the HDD and RAM on my netbook but a week later, the screen started flickering. I did not touch the screen but I had to remove the warranty sticker to get to the RAM/HDD.

I've heard that there might be a law that protects consumers from manufacturers blaming the fault on the user (such as refusing to honour a warranty on car with a blown engine because the customer used a different make tyres etc...).

I bought the netbook from Amazon and I haven't contacted them yet. I want to be ready for the inevitable "it was your fault" reply from them

Hi semo

Have a read of 10,11,12 and 13 in my signature.

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE

I think the SOGA only applies if the warranty wasn't "voided". If the screen was flickering before I upgraded the netbook then I would have returned it straight away. The problem is that this fault occurred a few days after the upgrade and is intermittent.

I'm sure that you cannot void a warranty by breaking a sticker. I did read something about this recently and I'll get back to you if I find the information. (I gotta go out right now) have a google around and I'm sure you'll find some article about this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar