Andydug v HSBC ***WON***

Andydug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hold the press !

Missus has just rang, bank have made a conditional offer for full amount!

Didn't have time to go thru it with the wife so i'm guessing by conditional they will be banging on about a confidentiality clause an all that.

If so, i'm thinkin of taking the money and agreeing as i don't want my account closed.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

Wots the latest state of play with HSBC closing accounts - anyone had problems?

PS. Donation almost on its way !!

Andy D.:D

Halifax: **Won**

HSBC: **Won**

Credit cards - NEXT

I don't think it will be too late to ask for the recent charges. When you send back your acceptance make it clear that you are accepting in relation to this complaint or claim only, and that you are reserving the right to raise future claims and that you are intending to do so in respect of the £50 charge if it isn't included within their refund.

The Final Push - can anyone offer a bit of advice?

I've had the offer letter offering the full amount but they are saying that i have to accept it as 'strictly confidential' - which i don't really want to do, so i was going to sign the form and cross out the confidentiality bit. Also they've taken some more charges which i will have to ask for in the letter.

any one got ideas as how to word my response? also whats the facts on future charges - will they still be applied and will i have to keep claiming them back?

for info their letter is below:

HSBC are entirely confident that its charges are reasonable, are properly and fully disclosed in its terms and conditions, and that it would successfully resist any challenge in the Courts in relation to them.

HSBC is, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs associated with litigation in the small claims regime. For those commercial reasons alone, and without any admission of liability whatsoever, HSBC is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of £xxx representing the charges applied in full and final settlement of this matter. HSBC does, reasonably, require your confirmation that you will treat this payment as confidential.

If you accept this proposal please sign and return the enclosed copy of this letter to me and i will arrange for a refund to be made to you.

Credit cards - NEXT

Dear mr/mrs/ms

Thank you for your letter dated x.

I accept your offer of £x in settlement of my claim number x. Please be aware that I do not agree to be bound by the confidentiality clause. Upon receipt of cleared funds I will withdraw my claim at court.

Since raising this claim I was charged a further £x by HSBC on DATE [and I have also been notified that a charge of £x is due to be applied to my account on DATE] . I should be grateful if you would obtain your clients instructions to refund this extra amount at the same time as settling the above claim, [and to cancel the charge due to be applied on DATE,] in order to avoid the costs associated with a further court claim.

y/s

Thanks V.much Bong,

I just needed to be sure - dont want to screw things up at this late stage !!

Letter going off today:D

cheers,

Credit cards - NEXT

• 1 month later...

Been offline a few weeks so thought i should update my thread:

HSBC have now settled my claim in full and credited the money to my account. I didn't need to go to court as they settled before the due date. I also accepted the offer but not the confidentiality clause as shown by Bong on the previous thread (thanks Bong).

Results survey completed. Good luck everyone.

Andy D.:)

Credit cards - NEXT

Yes the other charges were also repaid. We've had a charge since and asked for it to be repaid, they said "No, and you know what'll happen if you keep reclaiming charges don't you" !

Here we go again ! LOL:lol:

Credit cards - NEXT