Laptops direct/Easy Computers - Acer computer

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amazing.

New Acer computer - top spec delivered Friday 31st.

Installed card security system Sunday 2nd pm and on restart the computer locked up and won't start. Blank screen. Doesn't ask for password or anything!

And I have complicated travel arrangements in the next few days and may need the replacement delivered abroad. Is this a recipe for conflict with Laptop Direct? I suspect that it is. I have already checked their terms and conditions which are mostly unenforceable.

See if you can spot the deliberate mistakes:-

http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk/asp/terms.asp

I didn't need this. I'm too busy.

Watch this space.

Can you get into Windows in Safe mode and uninstall the security system drivers?

Press F8 when the 'Starting Windows' text comes up and a menu should appear, select Safe Mode.

It'll take a little while to load, but when it does, go into Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs - then select the Security thing that you installed.

If it's a physical card - take this out before turning the laptop on.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

It is the modern equivalent of a dongle.

Credit type card with a chip on it.

If you lose the card or forget the pin code then it's RTB

Well it's not all bad news here on this forum.

So far I have been treated to a demonstration of perfect customer relations.

I filled in an online form to get a returns number. received an email saying that it would take 24 hours to generate the returns number.

I called them - they give an 0870 number but I have their 01xxx numbers. Got through to returns. Explained that I would be going away on Wednesday and had expected to take the laptop with me.

The woman leapt into action. Generated the return number manually. Fixed up an appointment for the laptop to be collected today after 3.00 pm and for a new one to be delivered On Wednesday before 9.30 am.

At 3.20 this afternoon, a courier arrived and collected the broken laptop.

If it really does happen and I get the replacement before I go away then I can only say that this is some of the most imnpressive quibble free service which I have ever received and although I am not happy about the thing going wrong, I have no complaints.

Let's see what happens Wednesday

Wednesday - delivery scheduled for before 9.30 am but no delivery.

Phoned the supplier. Sorry, missed the van. Will be sent out tomorow.

Howeve, I expained that I won't be in the country tomorrow, that I need the laptop and they will have to deliver internationally.

They say that they can send it internationally but it will be at my expsense.

I say OK, I'll pay - £90 but get the guy to agree that he will enter screen notes that I disagree and that I reserve my right.

he does so. Nice guy, really.

So I am waiting for a laptop and then I have to get my money back! Watch this space.

Well the laptop doesn't arrive.

I don't get the promised email with the tracking number or even the name of the courier.

I spend a couple of hours on the phone in various calls trying to find out this information. Leaving messages. Being promised that I will receive calls in return which never happen.

Eventually 4 days later I get through to someone. The lap top was only dispatched 2 days ago. Don't know why. here is the tracking number and the carrier - fedEx.

Finally I feel that I am coming back into control.

Check FedEx tracking system. They attempted to deliver yesterday but wrong address.

I call them.

The address they have is simply a name and a city name. No other details. This is the label which was put on the parcel by Laptops direct!!

I organise the correct address and it should be delivered tomorrow am.

I start calculating how long it will take to deliver the claim form to Laptops direct.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks