Graham White/Roxburgh now Lowell & Three

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a answerphone message on my home phone the other day from Roxburgh or Roxburghe (not sure how it’s spelt) asking me to call them back.

Today I received a message in work from Graham White Solicitors asking me to call them.

After a bit of research on internet, it appears these could be one and the same people.

Do not know why they are ringing me?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not know why they are ringing me?

Probably because they think you owe them some money. Wait until you receive something in writing, do not 'phone them.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

When you apply for credit they ask for your employment details.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An example is when you apply for a loan or credit card usually you give employment details. If some years down the line you get into arrears creditors begin to hassle you & try to embarrass you by 'phoning at work. Not too bad if you change jobs but if you are at the same one it can be a pain in the proverbial.

Then of course there's the trick of 'phoning neighbours and asking them to pass on a message or asking them if they know where you work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Send Roxburghe the letter in post #8, the onus is on them to prove a debt exists & they have the right to collect it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Had a phone call in work today off a company called Robinson Way & Co, didn’t speak to them though!
They are a debt collection agency.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT ;

Consumer Direct - Contact us

OFT Complaint form

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes post the harassment letter recorded delivery.

Just realised there's a PO strike, so belt & braces.... email too. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, I will have a look at those links this evening.

Don’t want people contacting me in work it’s embarrassing! Especially when I don’t know what it’s about.

Thats why they do it. They have to be stopped. You should warn them of legal action if they continue to do it.

E-mail sent.

Letter going recorded delivery this evening.

Answered phone in work earlier it was automated message saying this is a call from Robinson Way & Co, we will attempt to call you again in a few days, then a lady said Hello…I hung up.

Have posted letter recorded delivery to Robinson Way.

Also e-mailed, to which they responded: With reference to your recent email, please note any responses will be actioned accordingly by post and not by email.

Consumer Direct have responded to say: Thank you for contacting Consumer Direct Wales. I appreciate the difficulties you are having with this unknown caller, but unfortunately I am not in a position to offer you any advice without any further information. In order to establish what rights you have in the situation, I would really need to establish the facts.

Is this 'Roxburghe and Robinson Way' a private person, or a company? Are they based in the UK or elsewhere? Is it perhaps a debt or financial issue? When you have answered your phone, exactly what do they state to you? For example, are they malicious/nuisance calls, or is there some underlying issue they are trying to discuss with you?

If you can contact us again with further information, I'm sure we will be able to clarify your rights in this matter.