Graham White/Roxburgh now Lowell & Three

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Response to letter received from Equidebt:

I confirm receipt of your letter and the contents of which have been noted. The matter has been referred to our vendor for further instructions.

We will contact you once we have received a reply from our vendor, if in the meantime you need to contact us about any aspect of this matter please call......

Signed from the compliance investigator

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Just take them to court, collect the evidence and issue them with legal papers. Track down the person who is causing the problem and serve the papers for harassment. If you don't owe anyone money and you've disputed claims, then take them to court.

• 1 year later...

Have you ever disputed owing any debt to Three ?

There are loads of threads on CAG about Lowell/Three, so you can search for these to get a idea of what other people have faced. From memory most posts state that you should receive a statement showing the amout owed, with a letter asking you to pay. As you know mobile phones are not covered by the CCA.

If you have a problem with Three, I would suggest that you start a complaint with them and send a copy of any complaint to Lowell. Lowell should then put the account on hold.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

99% of the time they are spoof!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a contract with Three about 4 / 5 years ago.

So you had a contract with Three and you realise that there were payments outstanding ?

What is the approx amount of the debt without saying exactly how much, just in case these pages are read by Lowell ?

If yes, then just try to string it out and hope that it become statute barred before they think about going for a CCJ.

If no, then make a complaint to Three, put Lowell on hold and see what evidence Three can provide.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have had contracts at various points in time with just about every mobile service provider there is so are you sure you actually owe any money and that this is your debt???

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

See what they come back with after the prove it letter you've sent.

Lowlifes will probably just send a piece of A4 with a figure on and claim you owe it.....yeah right!

They tried to get my mother to pay them £21 odd a few years back, and because they love moby fone debts believing you can't argue or defend them, they drop their guard and open themselves up to all sorts or ridicule.

In a nutshell, you owe nothing to noone, this will have all been written off a long time ago by 3 against their insurance, and lowlifes the mugs they are buy up a portfolio of lemons and then intimidate people into paying for something they neither owe or can enforce.

I wouldn't advise 'stringing it out' as UB suggested, I think what he meant was that it is nearly SB so if they were going to do anything they would have done so way before now, why wait almost 6 years to chase an alleged debt?

CAG does not condone debt avoidance, and I am certain UB didn't mean this, but I have to agree that this is pretty much a non starter for lowlifes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Letter from Lowell:

We write in respect to the above debt which as previously advised we have purchased from Three mobile.

After liasing with Three mobile we can confirm that an early termination fee of £188.** was added to the outstanding balance of £354.** unfortunately this does not appear on the statement enclosed.

We are now entitled to receive paymnt of the balance of £542.** from you and enclose a copy of statement as requested.

Please contact us etc....

Attached then is a statemnt dated Up to Nov 07, stating previous balance £354.**

So when did you default on payment to Three ?

Do you have any dispute over any of the amounts quoted ?

What previous actions have you taken with Three to obtain information from them ?

Until you have all the information you need, I am not you or anyone on CAG will be properly informed enough to know the way forward. I would suggest a complaint to Three and possibly a Data Protection Subject Access Request to obtain copies of all statements, a copy of any contract, default notice, letters that they have sent you.

So when did you default on payment to Three ?

Do you have any dispute over any of the amounts quoted ?

What previous actions have you taken with Three to obtain information from them ?

Until you have all the information you need, I am not you or anyone on CAG will be properly informed enough to know the way forward. I would suggest a complaint to Three and possibly a Data Protection Subject Access Request to obtain copies of all statements, a copy of any contract, default notice, letters that they have sent you.

Not sure when I defaulted.

Can't remember how much I owed at the time?

Maybe SAR is the way forward then with this?

Not sure when I defaulted.

Can't remember how much I owed at the time?

Maybe SAR is the way forward then with this?

Yes. Based on my comments on a previous thread, you were aware that a debt was being chased related to Three back in 2009. I suppose they have found you again and now you need to make enquiries about how the debt has been calculated. My advice is to get hold of all the information and try to find a way of making a complaint with Three. While any complaint is in progress, all debt collection activity must be put on hold. You never know you might find mistakes by Three or if not atleast you will know when the debt defaulted, so will help guide you what to do with this.

Have they said how the outstanding balance of £354 is made up?

What was the length of contract you had with them, and what were the monthly payments?

IMO simply stating two figures does not constitute any proof you owe them anything.

They are not entitled to do anything regardless of what they believe. Anyone can pluck random figures out of the air, put them in a letter and claim this is the amount you owe. Utter rubbish, I'd simply reply with the exact same letter (prove it) If at all!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Letter received from Lowell saying that after liasing with Three, they can confirm an early termination fee of £188... was added to the outstanding balance of £354..., unfortunately that does not apear on the statements enclosed.

They then say they are entitled to receive payment

then why in 4-5yrs have 3 never wanted their money

absolute phishing trip

you owe no-one anything.

no mobile phone debt has ever gone to court

ignore them from now on

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I like how they continually harp on about how the are 'entitled' to receive this and that, well I have some news for them, you are also entitled to ignore them, as are you entitled to simply bin their petty extortion letters.

When I say bin, I say that metaphorically, file under ignore is the preferred method, just so you have a record of their computers threatogramme cycle..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...