RBS threatening to close accounts!! Please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,I received a letter from RBS saying that they have decided to withdraw banking facilities and will be closing my accounts with them. When I called they informed me that my accounts are all in order but that they have been passed to the business collections department. My husband had a business which was sold on last year due to the credit crunch. He had an outstanding overdraft on his business account which was converted to a consolidation loan several months ago. I have never had my name on anything to do with the business. We have been paying this consolidation loan from our joint account though. I have three other accounts with rbs (royalities premier and two savings accounts) and a joint mortgage with my husband.The business collections department will not give me any information at all about what i can do to stop this action other than disassociate my husband from my acount and mortgage in order to protect my accounts - which they keep telling me are fine.Although the consolidation loan is being paid and my husband has been ringing to try to sort matters over the last few weeks, I have never received any correspondance about anything being unsatisfactory and now am receiving this letter. What is more, the letter says that they will take the balances in my accounts to ofset the outstanding debt. So in effect they are going to use my money to live on, my holiday and Christmas savings to pay off buisness debt which they will give me no information about, as it is nothing to do with me!Please helpMany thanks in anticipationCarrie

Hello and Welcome,

I can see them offsetting money from your joint account but not any personal accounts in your name.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert