University Fees - Threatening court action

EvoZ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, so I need some advice.

I enrolled into a degree course at university in 2008 and selected to pay tuition fees in semester payments (so £1,100 in oct, £1,100 in jan and final £1,100 in april)

However I never went to any lectures or seminars through-out the whole year and at the end of the year went to one exam.

I believe the point in paying tuition fees is that the university is providing a service,

EG lectures and seminars and if I did not go to any off them why did I pay? For one exam?

I left the So the whole year passed and I did not pay my theirs installment of £1,100 in april,

a few months later in the summer after the course finished I got a letter (sept 2009) telling me I need to pay them £1,100 or else,

so I made an agreement to pay £20 per month and during this time I filled for bankruptcy

however you are not allowed to put a student tuition fee into my claim so I thought I still had to pay it,

forward to 2 months ago, I have made all payments for 16 straight months and I missed the last 2 months,

today I got a letter telling me I have defaulted and owe £720 and they are giving me 10 days to pay £40

(so that we can continue £20 a month agreement) or legal action.

my question is, I am fed up of paying these fees when I never even went to any lectures or seminars,

can they really do this?

All help appreciated.

I'm afraid you're stuck with paying them, the fact that you never went to lectures or tutorials is neither here nor there as they were part of the course and available along with all the other facilities.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT