style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my mother who is disabled parked in a disabled bay and when she returned to her car there was a parking ticket on it from De Vere Parking. She had her disabled badge displayed so she could not understand what it was for. My sister telephoned the company to ask why she had been given the ticket when she was parked legally. They said that there could not have been one on show and not to worry they have had quite a few people do this. Just send £10 for the paperwork and the matter will be closed. I think to make a pensioner pay £10 because someone could not look properly is dreadful. I have told my mother to hold off sending the cheque until I can speak to the Manager of the Company Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Hello there, welcome to CAG.

If you have time, please read around the forum because I think you'll find a lot of people who've been in the same position.

To the best of my knowledge, De Vere are trying it on. Please don't send any money yet, the guys should be along later with advice for you. I think I know what it will be, but others here are far more expert than me.

By the manager of the company do you mean De Vere? Because from reading the forum, I'd say you're likely to be wasting your time and effort. Once you've sorted this, you'd be better expending your effort on Binns, if that was the shop, and telling their management what you think of the parking arrangements. Not guaranteed to work, but they need to know.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

File and ignore the letters you will get, dont contact them at all. As mentioned already it is an unenforceable invoice, which can be ignored.Only the council / police / court of law / congestion charge / taxman can fine you, full stop. They rely on ordinary folks ignorance and are only after the easy payers who take fright at getting what looks like an official ticket.

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

What a racket. Do NOT send them £10, or indeed anything. In fact, you could report them to trading standards, and if they are a member of any sort of professional body, report them there as well.