Really need advice on this fine issue...and what may happen now.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"The officer again refused to take payment and instead grabbed my wallet holding my train tickets"

Just wondering if your civil rights were infringed.What power gives him the right to grab your wallet?

I guess that on train CCTV may well assist in determining what actually happened.

Is it just a coincidence that Johnza and Kent-Wolf both use the same font and size in their postings?

As an aside Kent-Wolf, you never worked on the Tunbridge Wells Advertiser did you?

In earlier years Dick Bentley, Jimmy Edwards and Wallas Eaton would have been able to 'Take it from here'....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just a coincidence that Johnza and Kent-Wolf both use the same font and size in their postings?

As an aside Kent-Wolf, you never worked on the Tunbridge Wells Advertiser did you?

It was purely coincidental that we used the same font & size.

I have never worked for the newspaper & call myself Kent Wolf because I am formerly from the Black Country,support Wolves FC & now live in Kent :roll:

That aside I trust & hope that the original postee gets the justice they deserve. I have had my run ins in the past & found that if you stand up to them explaining your plight, you may get a suitable outcome.My previous encounter is listed, so if you care to check the outcome.....

Guys, I wonder if we'll see Johnza again.

I'm honestly not Johnza.If you check our listings, you will probably notice we live in different parts of the country!

I ive in Tunbridge Wells & he lives in E.Croydon ( at least that's where he caught the train from ) :lol:

You ARE Kolly Kibber... and I claim my five pounds!!!

I thought it was Lobby Ludd from a tabloid newspaper years ago, or is my memory failing me? I also claim my £5, but surely it's gone up with inflation? :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

This is from wikipedia. I'm not sure I understand all of it yet, deep stuff. But I misspelled Lud.

Kolley Kibber is a fictional character from Graham Greene's 1938 novel Brighton Rock. He was portrayed by Alan Wheatley in the 1947 film adaptation. His name is a reference to Colley Cibber, the English playwright.

"Kolley Kibber" was an alias adopted by Fred Hale, a reporter. In a turn of events inspired by Lobby Lud, Kibber returned to Brighton in order to participate in a newspaper promotion. He was then murdered by Pinkie Brown, catalyzing the plot of Brighton Rock.

My best, HB

Grotesque, because I'm a sad person that likes to understand the whole story, there is also another article on wikipedia about various newspapers which ended up as the Daily Mail sending out a Lobby Lud character to seaside resorts during the season, wearing an outfit that might include a trilby or a rolled up newspaper. Holidaymakers needed to identify him to win the money.

And in 2008, £5 was worth £220. So there we are, I haven't wasted today completely. :)

My best, HB

It seems that Lobby Lud predates the 1938 character Kolly Kibber by 11 years, originating in 1927 with the Westminster Gazette.

My we are a sad lot when things are quiet aren't we?? It seems that you and I would make a good pair G. Lol...

Did you read wikipedia too, OC?

My best, HB

Hi HB,

Yes, I knew about the holiday resorts in the 1950s', thought it was the Daily Mail so looked it up to check that I was right, but then discovered that it originated much earlier than I had thought.

We all learn something every day of course and I enjoyed adding to the trivia store....thanks!

I don't know anything about G and am sure that compared to me must be superfit, but I'd need a crane to even think about getting into a tree these days SRPO!!

My we are a sad lot when things are quiet aren't we?? It seems that you and I would make a good pair G. Lol...

Are we sitting here over a half of mild & bitter waiting for green stamps to make a come-back?! :violin::wink:

All the best!

And we could have cheese straws and cubes of cheese and pineapple stuck into half a grapefruit.....

I have a feeling no-one is listening, must shut up.

Night all. [Oops, what TV policeman said that, sorry.] HB

Oh you are there, grotesque. I can honestly say I have never fancied a blue nun, your honour.

Chocolate is always nice though.

HB

I always wanted to meet a Blue Nun as it goes....

...Has anyone got a blank tape?! LOL