Mortgage arrears barclays

Joanne1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you ringing them ??? all the advice you have been given up to now has been to keep things in writing. As usual they have tried to bully you over the phone ! it will not look bad to a judge that you have not supplied statements - you have sent them a written payment proposal and a budget sheet - a judge would be very happy to see that as it shows you have tried to come to an arrangement. Stay off the phone to them and make your payment - if they do threaten court action we will help you defend.

How will you be making the payment ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I can either transfer it straight in or have to ring them with my debit card details. They say they need to see three consecutive payments before they'll set anything up. Do you think I have a good chance if it does go to court. I will definitely not phone them as they arent willing to help at this point anyway. Sorry x

If you can transfer it straight in that would be best - can you get a receipt ? that way you don't have to speak to them. If it goes to court and you can show the judge you sent a letter and budget sheet and have made payment in line with your proposal, then there is no way you will lose your home. You just need to sit tight and make your payments - it will be OK, honestly :)

Do you bank with Barclays ? if so do you have a Barclays debit card?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I dont do my main banking with barclays we just still have that joint account with them but think they just have cash cards rather than debit. I dont think I can get a receipt however it would should on my statement or if I set It up as a standing order think you can get standing order reports.

Ok I will just make my Payments and let you know when I hear from them again.

If I pay What I proposed the £200 over the arrears, they would be clear in 23 months. They are also adding £40 per month and once it goes to litigation another £100 in charges.

The £40 per month cannot be added to your arrears - that's a separate issue and one we can deal with once you get your payments underway. You say you don't do your main banking with Barclays ? do you use a Barclays account at all for anything ?

Sorry I'm getting confused about these accounts : can you email me a copy of the letter you received where they said they could stop debit cards.

Also, can you list how many bank accounts you have with Barclays, whose name they are in and what you use them for so I can understand the position.

I have a mortgage reserve account I don't use

And I have a joint acc with the ex that he pays money into, neither I use as accs as I bank with first direct. When I've read the letter I think it refers to the reserve account as it says they can reduce the limit also however i never use it and don't hold cards personally for any of the accounts. Then I have my mortgage in joint names however I pay it and has been like this for some time. I hope this makes a bit more sense.

Am I correct in thinking I just need to sit tight an make the payments and await further letters from them but to make sure I don't ring them

Thanks again. You've been a star putting up with me

That's OK, I was just trying to make sure you didn't actually keep any money in any Barclays account.

Yes, just sit tight and make your payments - if you receive any letters let us know - it will be ok.

I understand you are scared, everyone who has been in your position will have been scared as I'm sure you have read on the repo forums- but you know you can post on here whenever you need to, we will give you all the support we can.

Stay positive :)

• 2 weeks later...

That's good. Can you print off proof of the payment? keep it with your copy of the letter you sent to them with your payment proposal. Lets wait and see what reply you get.

Just don't ring them ! If you get any letters from them come back here and let us know and we'll take it from there.

Up to now no letters and I haven't rang them, I am tempted but at the moment keep trying to forget about it and get on with Things as I was getting really depressed.but the first payments Been made, it will be on my statement when it comes.

OK, just sit tight and wait and see if they write to you. Don't phone them !

Your proposal is fine and you have made the first payment in accordance with it. I know that waiting for news is stressful, but please resist the temptation to ring them, they will only try and get you to agree to something which you can't afford. Even if this did get to court no judge would allow repossession when you have made a reasonable proposal and started making payments.

Stay positive:) and keep messaging on here if you are tempted to ring them.

Are you sure no judge would allow that? I've been looking and I've never had any suspended orders or anything. Previously barclays did say sometimes the solicitors will make an agreement. My next payment will be the 19th august and it's been nicer to be able to have a little money spare :)

Plese try to understand you are nowhere near losing your home! you have had no solicitors letters or court action started. I really don't know how much more simply I can explain it to you -

In order to lose your home this is what would have to happen:

1. You don't make any payments towards the arrears

2. You will then get letters from the mortgage company solicitors asking you to pay all the arrears

3. you don't pay the arrears

4. you get papers from the court with a hearing date for you to attend

5. You send in a defence and attend court promising to pay something towards the arrears each month

6. Judge grants a suspended possession order

7. You don't make payments

8. Mortgage company apply for eviction order

9. You apply to the court to have it stopped and promise again to pay

10. Judge stops eviction

11. You don't make payments

12. Another eviction order applied for.............

That is a very simplified chain of events - so hopefully you can see just how far away from losing your home you are.

Feel better now? :)

Some lenders do ask you to see their agents, but you can refuse as they will charge you for it. You have already done a budget sheet and made the first payment towards the arrears in line with your proposal - there is nothing that their agent could do that you have not already done.

Ok that's fine just don't fancy one turning up with my daughter n son here, I barely answer the door anyway. Ok so I should just continue to wait? I feel a lot better I even managed to take my daughter and son on a work trip instead of not being able to afford to step out of the door, but can't help worry too