Mortgage arrears barclays

Joanne1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When is the next payment due and will you be able to make the amount you have offered ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not a pain at all !! you are in a very stressfull situation and I understand your need to ask questions and be reassured. Please try to stay positive, send the letter again by special delivery and then lets wait and see what they say. Whatever happens we can help you deal with it, you won't lose your home if you have an income and can make payments towards the arrears in line with what you have offered.

Have a read around the Repossession Successes forum, you will see that there are many, many people who have much higher arrears than you who have kept their homes.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I can definitely afford what we came to an agreement with And it will give me breathing space, I'm think theyvr just terrified me to be honest. And it doesn't help ohs name is still on mortgage. I'll send it tomorrow special delivery, shall I make the payment we agreed to rather than what they wanted as that arrangement will break anyway? Thank you

Hi, yes - make the payment you have offered in the letter - you can't afford what they want you to pay.

I rang woolwich today who say they sent a reply 29th june asking how I managed to afford to pay 1089 previously to which I responded to that I havent been payog everything but need to start to pay everything or I'm going to result in losing everything, she said she would put it forward to the back office team but they think I have extra income coming in. :s

Don't let them get to you - what you have offered is what you can afford you must stick to that.

We'll just have to wait and see if they accept your proposal. Make the July payment as per your proposal as that will show you are committed to what you said in your letter.

Hi they are requesting bank statements now, these show bits where I transfer money to my mum that I've owed n bits of clothes I've bought for kids really so unsure of what to do. Am I going to lose everything?

Hi, if you sent a budget sheet with your letter then that is sufficient - they have no right to see your bank statments. Just sit tight and make the payment in July as per your proposal. Did they write acknowledging receipt of your letter ?

You will not lose your home if you can show you are able to make payments going forward. Don't let them get to you, a judge would not expect you to pay more than you can afford and you have young children living at home.

They haven't sent me anything yet, all he said on the phone is he needed 3 months bank statements in order to set up an arrangement which I don't mind sending however it does look like I get loads however I've been borrowing off my mum t pay. Alsohave been paying her back so there's a lot of transfers to my mum. I have now paid my mum off n want to rt everything in line and pay everything However she can't afford to lend mr anymore as needs it herself. They said they would only set one up on receipt of these . I did print them of to send. Will a judge ask to see these and also what should I do now. I'm just going out of my mind n don't kno what to do.

You will not lose your home if you can show you are able to make payments going forward. Don't let them get to you, a judge would not expect you to pay more than you can afford and you have young children living at home.

Did they phone you to ask for the statements? If they look as if you have more money than you have because your mum has lent you some money don't send them! A judge will not ask for bank statements. Please try to stay calm - you will not lose your home. Just sit tight and make the payment in July

No, don't contact them - they'll just try to intimidate you. Did they ring you up to ask for the statements?

If this did go to court you will have to supply the info from your budget sheet and make your offer of payment, but let's deal with that if it happens.

So should I start asking for paper statements of everything like gas and electric, water?

No I rang them to see what was happening and they said they don't know how I've paid last three month to which I responded that I have had a work bonus in march n borrowed money. I felt calm the other day about it but now dont know, also should they not require statements

Joanne, you need to stop thinking the worst - they have no right to see your bank statements. Stop telephoning them! look what happened when you spoke to them today - they've made you worry. Just please sit tight and pay the July payment as per your letter.

Ok I just thought they would have had the right to see them, if it went to court what would I need just so I know and can get prepared, shall I wait till They send me a letter? I will make sure I send

Ok I just thought they would have had the right to see them, if it went to court what would I need just so I know and can get prepared, shall I wait till They send me a letter? I will make sure I send The payment on time.

Have you had cases like this a lot?

Make the payment and then wait and see what happens. Please don't phone them. Regarding other cases - have a look at this forum http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?327-Home-Repossessions-successes

I have been involved in cases far worse than yours and they have kept their homes. You will be ok :)