Mortgage arrears barclays

Joanne1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank u, r u sure? You sound so positive lol

Also what would I need for judge?

I won't contact them now I'll just wait for them to contact me, they make me feel like I can't afford to go out of house or owt x

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will only need the same info you gave on your budget sheet if you have to go to court. If that happens I will help you with your defence, but lets cross that bridge when we come to it. Go and read around the forum I gave you the link for in my previous post.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi ive had a read through thank you a lot of people had higher arrears and lower offers and were successful however doesn't sound a nice experience. I have had a letter today telling me to ring them and my balance of arrears is 4180.24, I have emailed you a photo of the letter. I also noticed that the monthly payment has increased from 488.63 to 491.13 and unsure why as I'm on a fix.

Hi, You need to write to them asking why the payment has increased. Don't phone them! keep everything in writing. If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll draft one for you.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, no I didn't get anything from you - when did you send it ? I'll draft you a letter later on - and no, you don't need to mention anything about the statements. Can you scan and email me the letter you got today ?

Hi, yes I got your email with the letter - is your mortgage linked to your bank account? You should make your payment as proposed in your letter and then wait and see what happens. I know it's hard not knowing what they will do, but just sit tight and we will help you with whatever happens. Just try to stay positive and don't speak to them on the phone as it upsets you.

I'm at work at the moment, when I get home I'll draft you a letter to send to them re the difference in the monthly installment.

El;l

Im just scared that's all and don't know what to expect. My main account isn't wiTh barclays but me and Robert hold a joint one where he transfers money in n I transfer into my account then give my mums friend what e owes her for rent n take 248 for what e gives me.

All I'm scared is that they wil go against me And I'll lose it all. I wouldn't mind but I work 5 days a week

You won't lose it all. On the letter you emailed to me they state there is an outstanding amount for an overdraft?

O yes I think it's something linked to the mortgage, have sent the amount over to clear that, it wasn't anything asked for I think it was automatic. So that Gould be clear by Monday. What do you advise now? And do you know how they usually act? X

That could account for the increase in the mortgage payment they have quoted. So I don't think you need to write to them if you have already paid that small amount.

As I have said in previous posts, just sit tight and make the July payment as proposed in your letter. Don't speak to them on the phone as it's only upsetting you - just wait and see what happens next. I know it's difficult but you must try to stay positive.

It is so hard as I don't know what to expect and it's out of my control If that makes sense, I feel better knowing this month I can afford to pay everything and have a little left over, should I just pay the 688.63 then? The 3.63 Is paid now I have just rang barclays and checked. I am not going to ring them as I feel bullied and pressured and to be honest if it wasn't for you if id have sent statemts wage slips or probably awaited a debt collector :(

You need to pay what you proposed in your letter.

You are nowhere near losing your home at the moment - no court action has been started and even if it was you can defend and you would be allowed to keep your home provided you kept up the payments you have proposed in your letter to them.

Don't do anything at the momeny, just make the payment

You have made a proposal to pay in your letter to them. You should write back (by recorded delivery) enclosing a photocopy of the letter you sent proposing payment. When are you due to make payment ?

I have just rang and spoke to a man in barclays who at the moment says my account is 10 months in arrears and they would need to see three payments and some towards arrears before they could do set an arrangement up for me. He did say that by nt sening the statements it will go against me in cOurt and a judge will look at it as I'm not cooperating. He said it is ready to be passed over to litigation at any time and they won't accept my proposal. my monthly payment has gone up due to recalculated interest on the account due to arrears. I feel awful now. They said telephone calls and letters will continue.