ocharged v halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

ocharged
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont let them put you off - thats their job !!!! you go for it !

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

No I sent mine to the trinity house add, think its at top of Halifax main section..

Go for it..

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

YOU COULD TAKE IT IN TO YOUR LOCAL BRANCH BUT ENSURE YOU GET A SIGHNED RECEIPT !! sorry shouting there !

Egg Card - Pending

I found best not to talk over phone it only gets you worked up, ignore what they say and stick to your time table.Don't panic look what you can do see my thread.£8.5k they gave me back the very next day to it being deemed served.regards nigel

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

yeah dont bother calling them - its a waste of time - I always get so annoyed & it will put me in a mood all day !

When I called Argos.. I asked for 4 years worth of statements. He made me laugh & said they charge £3 per statement. I politley said "I think you will find that by Law the maximum you can charge me is £10. He went to ask his manager..I was right !

They just do their best to put you off claiming !

Egg Card - Pending

i Just Dont Get It,why Do They Do This To People?its Such A Rip Off.today Its Bank Charge 6 In Two Weeks A Total Of 234.00,me And My Husband Are At Our Wits With Them,we Want Our Money Back,and I`m Going To Get It.

:p

You Go !!

Egg Card - Pending

yeah dont bother calling them - its a waste of time - I always get so annoyed & it will put me in a mood all day !

When I called Argos.. I asked for 4 years worth of statements. He made me laugh & said they charge £3 per statement. I politley said "I think you will find that by Law the maximum you can charge me is £10. He went to ask his manager..I was right ! They just do their best to put you off claiming !

TBH The bank has always made a charge of between £3 and £8 per statement which I know I have paid in years gone by when I've needed a copy of a statement. You are not asking for statements as such what you are asking for is a list of charges applied to your account and also for them to identify any manual intervention. They seem to have found it easier to send copy statements to people thus passing the responsibility back for us to identify the charges etc. Therefore they should not be charging per single statement for obvious reasons.

I have a few ongoing claims at present - two accounts with Halifax that I closed 3 years ago. I had my statements pretty promptly from them and my £10 returned. But I have only had one acknowledgement and it was on the same lines as yours - bog off, you should be more responsible when handling your account but here is £100 now go away. Needless to say I ignored that letter and am now at the Court stage so will be submitting my Court application for both accounts within the next couple of days. Some of the banks are better to deal with than others but I would always use written correspondence - "The pen is mightier than the sword" and definately more powerful than word of mouth. Send all correspondence recorded delivery and always keep a copy. So that if it should come to Court you have proof of delivery of letters etc.

Don't be put off they will try anything to deter you from applying for YOUR money back after all they stand to lose millions. Wouldn't you be obnoxious if that were you??

Good luck and don't give up?

• Haha 2

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Keep going don't you faulter now.You would be suprised just how many of these robot bankers are not aware of this site,they treat their staff like mushrooms.KEEP THEM IN THE DARK AND FEED THEM BULL****.There only doing as they have been told,I should know, both parents worked for banks a good friend and my cousin was M.D. of Halifax international.Correspond in writing then if you have to go to court you have everthing already there for your case.But I don't think you'll have to.Anyway they couldn't fit all us lot in the court.lolololol.:D;)

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

:D Hi everyone,just called Halifax and payed five pounds to get my statements in 3 days,carnt wait to add up every penny im going to get back just in time for christmas.Will keep you all posted.:D

Thursday 21st september 2006.Requested statements.

Hi...Just £5?.. you are lucky.Cost me £10 for all of them.You did ask for 6 years worth?

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Don't be surprised if they don't all arrive, I sent the SAR for mine and got a partial set back, Then phoned them and had a very pleasant conversation where they assured me they would re-issue and send correct details straight away.

:o Surprise surprise they didn't.

Sent letter 1 from the templates library reminding them that they had 9 days left to comply....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Amazing how quickly they can act if they want to :D

Did you tell them it was a subject access request? and if so do you have any proof of this?

Hope it arrives ok for you.

I have been lucky & had all statements from everyone within a week, feel really sorry for you guys who are still fighting for them

good luck

Egg Card - Pending

My daughter ordered them over the phone, they charged her £5, she recieved 2 lots today, both lots the same & only for the past 12 months. She phoned & had a go at them & they apologised & said due to so many requests for statements they were having problems.

:confused: Hi,could anyone tell me ,when I get my statements back and calculate how much i`m owed,do I need to send them photocopy`s of my statements to prove the amount along with a letter asking for it back.THANKYOU.:confused:

Thursday 20th september 2006. Telephoned Halifax,payed five pounds for 6 years statements. :p