How is a income from a pension treated in sequestrarion?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have major problems with sequestration looming as a likely event.

The whole thing sucks as I am being shafted via the terms of a commercial lease from 5 years ago, dispute has been protracted. The sum of money sought from me is substantial and is being disputed as the figures seem to have been plucked out of the air - but life goes on. If my adversary gets his way the sum owed will be akin to a telephone number.

I wish to know if pensions can be claimed by a court appointed trustee (ill health government occupational pension award and private pension paid out early 5 years ago on grounds of ill health) as these plus DLA benefit (lower rate - I refuse to lie) are my only source of income. These payments are the only source of income for my wife and I. If the trustee cannot touch the pensions how do I get access to them? I assume I would be barred from running a current account if sequestered.

The problem would seem to devolve to how do I pay the bills if no bank account? Are you allowed to divert pension (and monthly bills) to wife's account? Can I get pension paid as money order?

There are prospects for me of returning to very limited part time seasonal work, possibly out of Scotland, elsewhere in Europe - not an attractive move, but might be necessary to survive - can a trustee rightfully claim this cash if earned overseas? Can I open a bank account in another European country? I have no wish to hide anything but I will have other "honest" debts to pay to other creditors (car and credit card), whom I am obliged to pay, and will be able to pay up (without difficulty) until the possible sequestration.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I have no problems with debts to Inland Revenue or VAT. I want to keep my little ship afloat if possible :|

Purpose

Your pension will be regarded as your income and any contribution will be based on this. Benefits are not calculated into this.

You can have a bank account - depends on who you bank with and what restrictons they place on it.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)