style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently purchased a new phone with a new contract, which came with the pretty standard 1st month insurance free. As most consumers would, I wanted to take advantage of the free month but then shop around to find a better policy (in this case my bank).

So I didn't forget to cancel the policy I rang the premierplan just over a week into the policy (who Dial a Phone had put me with) and told them I wish to cancel the payment for the end of the month. I was then unfortunate enough to have to claim for the 1st time ever on insurance a few days later after my phone was stolen. I reported this to the police and then contacted the company to find their policy is when you ring in to cancel it starts with immediate effect. I wasn't told this over the phone originally and although it makes sense as I havn't paid them a penny that it would be unfair to them, but at the same time they gave me a month free which I am still very much within. Although I assume the lesson here is cancel the the free insurance at the last possible moment, I can't see why I still don't have that free month that came with the contact I signed.

Does anybody know of any ground I have to stand on with them or had a similar situation and won? They have said they will listen to the call I made to cancel, but will only pay out if the call operator stated I was still insured to the end of the month... but doesn't matter if she didn't need to say it was with immediate effect though.

It does not look good, as from the perspective of how hard it can be to persuade some companies to cancel these policies without a fight anyhow due to hard sell, it could be argued you did waive rights to the free insurance when rung to cancel. It was free till you cancelled and they in your case did what you asked, if wrong I am sure someone will put me right xx

Sorry to hear about your phone xx