Consumer unions/direct action

MFX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is something I've considered for a while but not sure how well it would work :-

Forums like this are great for advice but unfortunatly I doubt they worry the big corporations too much. What I'm, thinking off is (In addition to this and other similar forums) is that customers of a particular company form a "union" that is solely responsible for petitioning and taking action against only that company. A typical example of how I would see it working (in an ideal world) is :-

Customer is having problems resolving an issue with the company.

Customer contacts the "union" with details of the case/supporting evidence.

"union" considers the case and if on the face of it it looks valid contacts the company to get thier side of the story/try and resolve the case.

If the response from the company is considered unnaceptable then all members of the "Union" are asked (but not obliged) to withhold all payments to the company until the mater is resolved (however they agree to pay all outstanding payments if/when the matter is resolved), also members are asked (but again are under no obligation to) to "picket" retail outlets (if the company has them) and explain to people why the picket is there. If there are no retail outlets then messages will be posted in as many relevant internet forums as can be found including the comanies support forums (if they exist),

The withholding payment bit is an issue but it would be a major hassle/cost for a company to try and take recovery/ballif action against several hundred (hopefully) customers, plus of course any such action would only result in futher action by the union.

Thoughts?

Martin,.

• 2 months later...