Robinson Way \ Harwich Farrelly issue cap1 debt

adenjago
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Regard Robinson Way\Harwich Farrelly

I have not heard anything since there last letter (post #201 on this thread)

Should I send a letter asking for clarification of the Account or just leave them to Contact me

Should this thread also be moved into Debt Collection Agency Forum, Like the Capquest\RBS one ????

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be deemed delivered if it hasn't been returned as undelivered. (up to you though if you want to resend it recorded.)

so, leave it with them?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

]

aden, what did you decide to do?

sorry ford, just a little bit busy as we might be moving house, hence lack updates

I will be sending them a reminder letter in the next couple of days.

Which leads me to the next question 2 questions....

1. Should make the new address known to Harwich\Robinson Way (Not hiding, obviously I know they will be able to find me due to the Elect Roll and when I update the CRA)

2. My Wife has just received a allegged debt from Arrow Global, but does not appear on her CRA, I was think of CCA request, but unsure what happens if Ignore it with it not being on her CRA

no worries

up to you re new address. bear in mind that if they are not informed of a change of address they would be entitled to use your last given address re any communication.

if your wife has no knowledge of the debt, then could ignore for now and see what they do. or could send a 'prove it' type letter ensuring no acknowledgments (could it be statute barred?). could do a cca request in due course when required.?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peeps Just my 2p worth...

I received a letter from HF ....AKA R/Way on Saturday ust before the match lol.... The debt was for £106.00 NATWEST Bank... wait for it.......17 years ago. I nearly spat me tea at the telly.. so I called them up for a laugh.. the donkey who answered the phone was a total tosser.... after all the blurb from him he said I paid £1.00 on this account but he could not tell me when...lmao

I recon that the CCA request I sent some years back they have cashed the cheque and added it the account saying I started payment to them, never received any docs... shocking!!! the thing is the debt must be Statute Barred by now... I got board by the end and said I will look forward to the summons...... it will cost them more to persue.

I don’t like sending CCA request with a £1.00 as its classed as payment…how do you prove other wise….. comments please.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

hi peeps just my 2p worth...

I received a letter from hf ....aka r/way on saturday ust before the match lol.... The debt was for £106.00 natwest bank... Wait for it.......17 years ago. I nearly spat me tea at the telly.. So i called them up for a laugh.. The donkey who answered the phone was a total tosser.... After all the blurb from him he said i paid £1.00 on this account but he could not tell me when...lmao

i recon that the cca request i sent some years back they have cashed the cheque and added it the account saying i started payment to them, never received any docs... Shocking!!! The thing is the debt must be statute barred by now... I got board by the end and said i will look forward to the summons...... It will cost them more to persue.

I don’t like sending cca request with a £1.00 as its classed as payment…how do you prove other wise….. Comments please.

a lawful request for information and the statutory fee is no an admission of liability for a debt>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Peeps Just my 2p worth...

I received a letter from HF ....AKA R/Way on Saturday ust before the match lol.... The debt was for £106.00 NATWEST Bank... wait for it.......17 years ago. I nearly spat me tea at the telly.. so I called them up for a laugh.. the donkey who answered the phone was a total tosser.... after all the blurb from him he said I paid £1.00 on this account but he could not tell me when...lmao

I recon that the CCA request I sent some years back they have cashed the cheque and added it the account saying I started payment to them, never received any docs... shocking!!! the thing is the debt must be Statute Barred by now... I got board by the end and said I will look forward to the summons...... it will cost them more to persue.

I don’t like sending CCA request with a £1.00 as its classed as payment…how do you prove other wise….. comments please.

thanks for the input, scousepie

obviously my alleged\supposed debit little bit more than yours (£1,400) but unless they produced a CCA (upto yet they have only sent a "guaranteed Acceptance" with no Prescribed terms on)

So in regards to Harwich, .....Account is in Dispute.......until a Valid CCA is produced (which by that time hopefully it will SAB, as the default was 15/01/2007..witch I never received, was thinking of a SAR to ascertain if it is already SAB)

Statute barred clock starts from the time a payment was due and not made.. NOT from the default date..

Many DCAs will argue that limitation accrues from the time when the "default notice" is issued. It does not.

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid not when they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the payment was missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA is extending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

As scousiepie discovered.. DCAs will claim that payments have been made to the account when they havent. A CCA or SAR request fee is neither an admission of liability, nor should it be applied to the account. It has not been unknown for "phantom" payments to appear.

If they do then you should challenge them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there is any clear period of six years (five in Scotland) where you made no payment or written admission of the debt it will be statute barred & they cannot take any enforcement. Even if a payment was paid after that period it does not restart the clock... nothing can.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

If there is any clear period of six years (five in Scotland) where you made no payment or written admission of the debt it will be statute barred & they cannot take any enforcement. Even if a payment was paid after that period it does not restart the clock... nothing can.

Not sure if that is aimed at scousepie or myself but...

as the default is dated 15/01/2007, the last payment acknowledgement should have been in the 2006, so a strong possiblty it is SAB...but Im not going to know that unless I send an SAR ??

but I'm right in saying at the end of this year it will be SAB ??

It's not the date of the default notice or when it was registered on a credit file, the SB clock starts one month after the debt became due & no payment was made.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It's not the date of the default notice or when it was registered on a credit file, the SB clock starts one month after the debt became due & no payment was made.

as I have not hear anything since 04 August 2011, Should leave it till the end of this year, (as default date 15/01/2007) and send them a SAB as it must be SAB after 01/2013 ??

but If do receive another letter is to send SAR and ascertain the last acknowledgement\Payment date ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

just a quickie update.....the last letter I recieved from them is still dated 21/10/2011 it was posted prevously here in this thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?305755-Robinson-Way-\-Harwich-Farrelly-issue&p=3599031&viewfull=1#post3599031

Should I be sending letter similar to what is in this thread who also had issues with Capital One and trying to pass "Guaranteed Acceptance" forms as CCA Post #31 or #32 ??

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?226084-PDADDY-amp-WIFE-vs.-CAPTIAL-ONE-CCA-LETTER&p=2556591&viewfull=1#post2556591

or should I just wait and see what arrives.....I was expecting to hear something by now....:???:

Please DONT send that letter from the 2nd link..

I am not quite certain what you are attempting to achieve here. They have already stated they are not intending to respond to your letters..

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to the original creditor? That should give information regarding last payments dates.. if it was still with them at that time. The more information you receive upfront the better armed you will be just in case the DCA starts any litigation. Because you sure as hell wont get anything after a claim has been issued.. if it is ?

The SAR will cost you £10.00, they have 40 calendar days to comply and you need to ask for everything in connection with your financial history with them. YOu will find a draft SAR request in the CAG library.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please DONT send that letter from the 2nd link..

I am not quite certain what you are attempting to achieve here. They have already stated they are not intending to respond to your letters..

Can you point me to were you have read that ? as I can't recall that and brief scan through the letters I could not see it, Im trying

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to the original creditor? That should give information regarding last payments dates.. if it was still with them at that time. The more information you receive upfront the better armed you will be just in case the DCA starts any litigation. Because you sure as hell wont get anything after a claim has been issued.. if it is ?

The SAR will cost you £10.00, they have 40 calendar days to comply and you need to ask for everything in connection with your financial history with them. YOu will find a draft SAR request in the CAG library.

thanks CitzenB....

have not Sent SAR, as still having Troubling with my SAR to RBS so I have had to involve the ICO but that is a different thread

I will get a SAR sent to them...I assume this will go to Robinson way (as the registered the default) and not Captial one

but I did notice in the statement they sent there was a standing order sent to them in 2007, which I think might have a been an accident, as it was about the time we swapped banks from RBS to A&L

Can you point me to were you have read that ? as I can't recall that and brief scan through the letters I could not see it, Im trying

Post 201.. the first letter in that post.. 2nd paragraph I think ..

BCOBS

thanks CitzenB....

have not Sent SAR, as still having Troubling with my SAR to RBSlink3.gif so I have had to involve the ICO but that is a different thread

I will get a SAR sent to them...I assume this will go to Robinson way (as the registered the default) and not Captial one

but I did notice in the statement they sent there was a standing order sent to them in 2007, which I think might have a been an accident, as it was about the time we swapped banks from RBS to A&L

How long have RobWay had this account ? The idea is that you want to find out when the last payment was made.. so you either telephone Capone and ask them, or send them a SAR. If you believe you made payments to RobWay, then it is them you need to send SAR to.

BCOBS

Post 201.. the first letter in that post.. 2nd paragraph I think ..

ah....yes the bit about repetitive correspondence, I missed that thanks citizenB

okay will will send a SAR, but when you say Original Creditor, would that mean Capital One, As Robinson Way registered the Default, but aren't the DCA obliged to pass it on to the

Original Creditor ??

They are only obliged to pass on a CCA1974 request. The SAR would normally go to the original creditor. Unless of course the DCA has had control of the account for a few years when you might want to send a separate one to them as well.

BCOBS