Robinson Way \ Harwich Farrelly issue cap1 debt

adenjago
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are only obliged to pass on a CCA1974 request. The SAR would normally go to the original creditor. Unless of course the DCA has had control of the account for a few years when you might want to send a separate one to them as well.

I assume if I send a SAR (£10) to each Robinson Wau and Capital one.....then only one can cash the £10 ?? and it can't used as payment of the alleged debt ?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make it quite clear in your SAR letters that the monies enclosed is the legally required fee for the SAR and that it should not be used for any other purpose then if it DOES turn up on the account then it is simply an unsolicited gift from the company.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I have Finally received my SAR....which is quite a lot of information to get my head around and obvously lots a Acrynom's every where but Im trying.......I have a few initial queries during my first glance through them....

• One part says "last paid" £6.00 "on 12/06/09" - but there is no mention of this payment on date in the sent statement containd within the SAR...which seems fishy to me
  • A few Entries say 20/09/10 "SYSTEM - Customer Contacted will not Pay" - can I quiery this as I have never been contacted and refused to pay
  • 04/10/09 "Letter with Assignemnt Note" - I have never recieved this
  • 02/10/09 CGCARLENEL - CALL TRIGGER - CST PAID DEFAULT CAIS OFF/ARREARS TO CAI" - can anyone explain what that means ?
  • 08/09/09 CMLAURAR - SETTLEMENT DECLINED - as above never received a settlement
  • 23/04/08 APRIL08 CAMPAIGN SETTLEMENT FIGURE £441.05 - Never been received
  • 19/09/07 - PAYMENT DEFAULT
  • 19/09/07 INSTALLMENT DEFAULT - ARRANGEMENT DISSOLVED

there is also an entry saying "

11/08/07 LAST PAY INFO - 25 - 01/06/07" - this should be my last acknowledgement date ??

my last payment was a Standing order 01/06/06 which would make this debt Statur barred this year yes ?? ...but randomly there is 3 entries .....

01/06/07 - standing order £25

03/07/07 - standing order £55

02/08/07 - standing order £55

I don't see how or why I would suddenly just send three stadning orders then stop ?? we did change banks about that time to what is know Santander from RBS and wondering if there was a mix.......what would be the chance of tracking this

now there is also some email trails.....but the covering letter states "You will notice that parts of the information have been blacked out. This is because I cannot supply you with third party data"

now thankfully some of the blacked out bits can be made out, the parts that Interest me are below

and don't seem to be related to a third party at all

"customer is requesting a copy of the complaints procedure and stating that the debt is statur barred"

"advised that she was not are of the procedure and advised that she no longer had the mail. I have reviewed the Account and the man has never been sent [*something*] legal nor has the debtor been sent a copy of [*something*]

I can upload the doc if any one wants to try work out what else is blacked out, but to me it seems they are may or may not be hiding something which could be of benefit to me

Edited by adenjago