Non Practising Solicitor threatening court for nursery dinner debt

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ouch BB & Scarlet Pimpernel

slightly misogyanistic there!! surely its' all because of a belligerent member of staff/non-practising solicitor (who just happens to e female amongst other things) .

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning BB

haha perhaps if I had looked it up I might have been able to spell it properly; slightly sensitive this morning, only one cup of coffee so far, perhaps I'll have another cup then read it again!!

Donkey don't bother with an LLB I have one and I could think of much better ways to spend your tiime!!

Hmmmmm I have an LL.B and an LL.M; Not done me much good either.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Thank you so much, I have not had such a long laugh for years. I love the ending, bithard to read when I was crying with laughter.

Dear miss knickers in a twist.

Thank you for your lengthy explanation regarding your use of 'non practicing solicitor' I will gladly forward a copy of your letter to the authority who IS dealing with their investigation, for the avoidance of doubt, there is NO alleged body.

I was clearly confused by your previous correspondence as you had signed off with "Business Manager - Non Practicing Solicitor" I feel that if you are not their legal advisor then there is no requirement to mislead people in believing you are somehow acting in that capacity. (But if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out!)

I will remind you that Miss H was not working at the nursery in December, the last time she worked at the nursery was late September early October before going on sick leave, and then resigning. So in answer to your question, it was clearly the Acting Manager with whom I spoke with, on a weekly basis.

I look forward to your prompt response, with a mutually beneficial end to this protracted disagreement.

Yours sincerely,

Qualified House wife,

Qualified holder of a car licence

Non-practicing holder of a cycling proficiency licence.

Non practicing 50mtr green swimming badge holder

Hi JB

entirely agree with Bazooka Boo diarise the phone call/s from the nursery proprietor and note any further calls from her taking care to include date, time, what said etc.

As for not writing the letter yourself so what? if you had taken professional help they would have taken your instructions and written one on your behalf; she should be more concerned about the contents of the letter as opossed to who had written it!!

Will work on something tomorrow ready for you to tweak/combine with the other suggestions on the thread.

You have dealt with those bullies very effectively so far so don't let them unsettle you at this stage, you are almost on the home straight now.

Edited by bubbsie1

Ouch BB & Scarlet Pimpernel

slightly misogyanistic there!! surely its' all because of a belligerent member of staff/non-practising solicitor (who just happens to e female amongst other things) .

Possibly, but why not take the opportunity to annoy her as gratuitously as she chucks her silly title about?

SP

Off to do the bidding of his female Commanding Officer before the weekly phone call to the lovely Mrs SP.

Hi JB

maybe something along these lines will do:

Dear W.I.T.C.H

Formal Notice of Withdrawal

Further to your telephone call on the xxxxxxx please note after consulting with xxx County Council I shall be withdrawing my daughter xxxx xxxxx from your nursery with immediate effect at their recommendation.

During the call you made a numer of comments which were inaccurate, derogatory,insulting and judgemental; on that basis it is clear that any direct contact with you or your staff by phone or in person is no longer viable; therefore any further communication must be in writing.

As proprieter is is not acceptable for you to claim you have not been involved in this matter as the owner/proprieter of the nursery you have a vicarious/employers responsibility to ensure your staff adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour and act appropriately at all times.

As stated I am not responsile for any debt owed to your establishment and will not be held liable; to allow a member of your staff to threaten a parent with legal action and possible financial penalties without reference to you (since you claim no invlovement in the matter before your call on xxxxxxx) is not the action of a responsible employer.

Since my daughter will not be attending your nursery I trust there is no need for any further contact between us and will treat this sorry matter as at an end; should anymore attempts be made to intimidate, bully or harass me these will be forwarded directly to ofsted and xxxxxx County Council.

yours faithfully

Again JB I am not an expert in these matters, however, I think this letter is along the right lines. Feel free to tweak as you want.

If you feel I have been of any assistance feel free to click on my star at the bottom of the message.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Edited by bubbsie1
  • Confused 1

Thanks so much for that bubbsie and all you other kind people who have contributed on this upsetting matter and given me the much needed help and support.

Bubbsie, I cannot see a star at the bottom of your post for me to tick. Please sign post me to it lol

I will update everyone on the outcome.

JB

ooh no don't....tempting as it may sound that would be an assault, possibly a S,20 wounding and Bazooka Boo may get done for incitement/conspiracy.......lol...BB you are terrible but it did make me larf.......

Hello Everyone

Just to let you all know I hand delivered the letter today. I went in and said is the proprietor here, a worker said yes what do you want her for, I said I want to give her a letter, he then said well she's not here, the acting manager is here, so I said Mr X please give this letter to the proprietor and then left.

The good news is my daughter has got a place at another nursery which provides free meals as part of their curriculum!!

I am going to make complaints to the Council and Ofsted.

Anyway, thanks to you all and I will keep you updated as and when I hear anything.

JB

Excellent, lets just hope this non practicing solicitor regrets ever having rattled your cage..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi JB

well done, lets wait for her response. Most of our family/friends that have children at nursery funded by the local authority do not have to pay for school meals? How appropriate they would be an exception to that rule, tight fisted so and so's

Hello again

I have just emailed with all attachments and scanned letters:- Council, Ofsted and S.R.A.

So hopefully now something will be done about this dreadful nursery and its staff/proprietor.

Thanks to you all for all your help, advice and support. I will post all responses as and when I receive them.

JB

Oh how funny that when u ask if the boss is in she is there but when u ask to see them they are not.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Everyone

Sent all complaints by email attachment last night, so far had a reply from Ofsted who have said that contractual issues are not within their remit, so they are not interested.

Had a reply from one of the Council's (2 Councils come under this Nursery strangely enough, one for funding, the other as their service provider), the service provider Council bounced it off and said complain to Ofsted,

I replied and said as the Nursery is a service provider under your Council, I hope you will investigate.

Not heard anything since.

The funding Council were great last week and they were the ones who advised me to move my daughter, not heard anything from them yet. So thats the update so far, as expected, DELEGATION (or DILLIGAF!!!!!)

JB

Contractual issues? It’s not a contractual issue. It’s about a thinly-veiled threat from a member of staff using their non-occupation as an inactive solicitor to intimidate a service user!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Is a no practicing some one like me who has a law degree but uses it for non litigation purposes I have often wondered since the start

of this thread I have though never practiced as a solicitor?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Local MP then IMO, get them to get the council to earn the money you pay them, and stop passing the buck.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!