#Employment : suspended from work - gross misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been suspended from work with pay for something stupid that I did.

I sent an email around to my office (from a fake email account) about the activity's of some of my colleagues.

The email was traced back to me and I was rightfully suspended. Only people who know I did this are the mangers involved in the suspension.

It has been a very tough year for myself, me and the my wife have had attempts at IVF treatment fail. My wife has been made redundant and other family issues. This has caused me a lot of upset in my personal life.

My wife has on many times told to get get counselling which I refused, as she could see early on I was getting more depressed. Unfortunetly this is too late as I now did something so out of character and hurt my career.

I have been at my company for about 4 years and have a spotless record and always considered one of the brightest there, I have climbed the ladder so to speak many times. And done very well in my time there. And well considered by my colleagues and also my managers.

After this happened I have also started seeing a counsellor as referred by my doctors so i'm now trying to deal with my feelings.

I know I have done something so stupid. But I love my job and the people I work with and need to save this. I have the support of my line manager who will come into the meeting with me and show that this is out of character for me (they also know what I been dealing with in my personal life).

Could anyone give me any further advice on how I can prepare and deal with this. Thank you.

Well, there's little else you can do but be very apologetic, and hope they are sympathetic. You sound to have a supportive line manager, which is lucky.

Probably the best thing is to write a statement of what you want to say to the hearing and present that, as you may not feel up to saying much.

Best of luck.

Well, there's little else you can do but be very apologetic, and hope they are sympathetic. You sound to have a supportive line manager, which is lucky.

Probably the best thing is to write a statement of what you want to say to the hearing and present that, as you may not feel up to saying much.

Best of luck.

Hello, sorry you're having to go through this. It might be worth mentioning that you're in counselling now, to overcome this uncharacteristic behaviour [if it was] and to change.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Absolutely agree with the above. You cannot deny that the incident occurred, and it is highly likely that it does contravene rules on the use of email, so you can only apologise profusely and attempt to mitigate. You must stress your sincere remorse, exemplary record and the fact that this will never happen again. You are extremely embarrassed to find yourself in this position and regret that you have let yourself down but hope that you will be permitted the opportunity to make amends. Naturally the situation outside of work has clouded your otherwise sound judgement, and in seeking professional help, you are determined to prove that this behaviour is completely out of character and will be devastated if this one misdemeanour, although serious, damages your career beyond redemption.

Hopefully you can put that into some sort of order and take a selection of phrases to use. Good Luck!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

You could make some notes for yourself along the lines that Sidewinder suggested. If you take it in with you, it'll make sure you remember everything and express it the best way to put your points across.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi, I have my hearing tomorrow . I've been writing notes on what I want to talk about.

Do you think its best to go in with these notes, as I think I will be up for talking about them. Or just go in with a prepared statement and go from that?

hi, had my investigation meeting today and it has now gone further. I will be having my disciplinary hearing next week. totally don't know what to expect or how to handle this.

It would seem that the investigation has determined that there is a disciplinary case to answer. That suggests that the employer intends to take some form of disciplinary action. That may be a warning or it may be amy of the options available including, sadly, dismissal but correct procedure is to have a formal hearing.

The fact remains that you cannot claim that you are innocent, and must rely on your mitigation and remorse being enough to persuade them not to dismiss, that is why the earlier advice stands. When is the hearing and have you been informed of the right to be accompanied?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi thanks for reply. I think I couldn't come across how sorry i was for this happening.

I've been that a letter will be sent to me this coming week with details on the hearing and i have someone that will

Occupy. What will happen in the hearing?

The hearing will summarise what happened, who has investigated what and why the incident is considered worthy of disciplinary action. Crucially it is your opportunity of putting your points across and pleading not to be dismissed. The decision will be based on exactly how serious the offence was and whether they feel there is any scope to allow you to remain, hence the importance of a convincing argument to keep you.

If you need help to prepare a statement then shout.

DONATE HERE

I will need help to prepare a statement. I did a statement for my investigation meeting. Could i type this out and send it to someone who could help further and see what needs to be added. Thanks

Edited by tazg101

No probs. Either post it up here or if you feel more comfortable you can PM me and I'll have a look for you.

For the sake of fairness and transparency to the Forum if you were to PM me or somebody else then the thread will have to be kept updated but naturally we would leave out anything too personal or identifiable.

DONATE HERE