Would like some advice

lee6370
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 accounts with lloyds TSB, a current account and a loan account.

The current account has an overdraft of approx £3'500, which lloyds would like me to repay, the loan has approx £350 outstanding (legal action has been mentioned by them)

Since the account was always overdrawn they have added interest to the charges and when calculating the interest that have been added to the charges i'm inclined to use their unauthorised overdraft rate (29.8%), since the charges pushed the overdraft over it's limit most months anyway (had £350 in charges in one month, until you see it written down you just don't realise).

However its fair to say that this rate would only have been charged on my account about 70-75% of the time. Using the higher rate they have added in charges and interst on the charges over £4'100 to my account.

The next problem is what do i do next, with Nationwide i sent them a letter, but my account was in credit so in that case they had my money, but with Lloyds they don't have my money they just claim that i owe them it and it doesn't seem so straight forward.

Use exactly the same process for both - have you looked at the step-by-step guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=243

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Yes read this, I understand teh process, just not sure on the following points.

1. Should i assume that the interest added to the charges was at 29.8%, since this figure would have been used most of the time.?

2. Do you still calim as normal since, i haven't given them them £4'100 they have charged me, I have only given them about £200, the rest Lloyds claim I owe them.

i.e. Overdraft = £3500

Loan = £350

Charges added to account £4100+

So they owe me about £200, and then they need to reduce the overdraft and loan to zero.

This is what i'm unsure about

• 2 weeks later...

Just to the initial claim...... interest and costs are not included.

• Haha 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks