Can I get a Default notice removed - if bank has offered partial compensation

affordable
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI I have a default on my file for £320 - this was as a disoute with the bank and the charges they were applying. Paid £320 in full once default was issued within 2 months of it being issued.( had to wait for payday)

Then referred case to bank who refused and then onto FOS, and the bank have now agreed to the fact their charging process was not clear and have offered £220 in compensation - which FOS are reccomending - quite happy with cash offer although would have been nice to get it all

Main thing is can i now force bank to remove default notice as it was issued for £320 of which they have now 'sort of admitted ' only £100 valid - had they come to me at that time with a definitive £100 final settlement I would have paid and the whole issue would never have happened

The default notice is having a major impact on being able to get a mortgage

How do i stand on this ?

You could say that you will accept on the proviso that the the default was removed, also remind them that according to the ICO any default should be accurate which this one isn't.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

this is very interesting indeed. You could possibly be in a position to leverage the FOS finding and the bank admission – I would like to know much more. Have you accepted the FOS recommendation yet? I suggest that you do nothing until we understand it all and give you an opinion as to what might be the best to do.

I think that you need to explain very much more fully what the circumstances of it all are. Also what is it that you have got in writing from the bank? Have you got their admission in writing? What have you got in writing from the FOS? You ought to understand that even the FOS likes to do a lot of business on the telephone and it then becomes very difficult to hold them to what they say because you have no evidence and they then find it too easy to say that you got it wrong.