Seller protection when selling in gumtree

loaiuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sold a Macbook pro to a buyer. I advertised in Gumtree.com and buyer came to my house and tested it.

he said he really like the laptop and paid me £650 in cash.

the laptop was fully as described.

after 1 days the buyer called me and said his wife doesn't like it and he believe the price was too high for him so he want to return.

he is telling me all those laws and regulation that he have enery right to return and get full money back even though item is item is fully working, as described and he collected and paid in cash.

what can i do? can i refuse? can he complain to trading standard? can he sue me?

I am a private seller.

So his grounds for return are that his wife does not like it and he feels it is over priced, sounds like buyers remorse to me!

The answer is No he can not sue and you are not legally oblidged to offer a refund either unless you stated a returns policy in your listing.

Sounds like a chancer to me who has been scalded by his wife for spending £650 on decent Laptop.

the laptop have 30 days warranty only. I send that receipt via email to the buyer ( he asked for it )

the buyer said warranty mean laptop can be returned if not happy ( wife doesn't want and paid too much )

let say you went to Harrods and purchsed Sony TV then realized Currys selling same model for £100 less. Can you complain to Harrods that i am returning because your price is high?

That's buyer point that a buyer has every right to return if he/she find later price what he/she paid is more then market price.

this is used, unboxed item ( new price over £1,400 and he paid £650 )