Urgent Help with Judgement please

sexymuffin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a claim form last year for which I admitted for £10,871.

When the Judgement after determination came it was for £1439. I suspected this was an error but kept my mouth shut. I replied within within days with the standard letter saying I could not afford it etc and showing details of my income and expenditure and asking for a recalculation. As I did this within 14 days I did not use the official form and just sent and letter and paid no £35 fee.

I got a letter saying there would be a hearing etc. I did not attend the hearing.

I now have a general form of Judgement Order which says upon hearing from the solicitor the judgment is ammended to show the judgement sum and costs as £11,246 payable FORTHWITH.

I rang the court and asked if they had received my letter asking for a redetermination she said she can confirm it was on the case file but it is up to the discretion of the judge to use it or not.

What do I do next. I don't have the £11k to pay FORTHWITH. They seem to have ignored my letter and has passed a judgement I cannot afford which they would have realised should they have read my letter.

I'm pretty worried about this please advise me what to do next.

Hi there, you need to apply to the court on an N245 form, asking for payment to be made by installment. I have affixed the form to this post. You will need to pay a fee of £35.00. If you need help with the form, please let us know.

n245_0204.pdf

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.