need a quick advice urgent plzzzzz

lineasraf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello there,how can i terminate my income support ...im currently abroad helping out my ill cousin i suppose to stay only for two weeks and told the dwp that they have suspended my payment until im back to the country,but now plan changed im gona have to stay a bit longer ,now how can i terminate while im abroad i also have lone parent interview coming up soon when i foned them up the lady on the fone was very rude any suggestion plz

thnx a lot

The way to close your claim is to put your request in writing I'm afraid, alternatively if your claim has been susoended and you haven't made contact with 1 calender the month the claim will automatically close.

hello there, i rang them again on fiday and told her that im gona have to stay a bit longer,she asked me if this was the first time been abroad and i told her no coz i travelled in and out since august 2010 but i didnt really know that i should reported it coz it was only for short period dad has passed away then grandma and now my cousin, she said we need to see ur passport when u back im really scared now i wasnt really aware of the system, do u think they will arrest me at the airport or anything like that plz i need some help here...

You won't be arrested at the airport.

It does depend on the reason for your claim to IS but most claims can remain open for a short while (usually a short term holiday for example a two week jaunt to the sun) but as part of the qualifying condition for claiming means tested benefits is that you are resident in the UK they may need to consider if you are habitually resident in the UK for benefit purposes and also if you have been in receipt of IS which is only meant to cover your living expenses, bills etc how were you able to afford to leave the country on numerous occasions iygwim?

Also leaving the country is a change of circumstances so you are legally required to notify the dapratment.

Consider when someone is claiming JSA they have to notify the JCP office when they leave the area even for an over night stay!