Can't attend Sign on this week!! :(

Silky444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so!.. Here goes, I am due to sign on this wednesday (even though it's not my sign in week) I have been signing on for around 7 months now, I am in london staying with the other half and for me to go back to huntingdon to sign on then come back again would cost £44 in train fairs.. Although I am not at home in huntingdon I am applying for jobs in and around London as there is no jobs what soever in huntingdon!.. I told them that iw as applying for jobs in london but they didn't really have much to say!, They told me a few weeks ago that I'd not be signing on this week as It would return back to every 2 weeks but this isnt the case :(

I am only recieveing £30 a week under the hardship scheme as they stopped my JSA for a while because I didn't apply for a job that was printed out even though it was the wrong type of work and they didn't inform me that i HAD to afree to apply for everything they print out and give to me

Shall i tell them the truth or will they just stop my claim or say it's my fault i should waste £44 when i only get £60 every 2 weeks :-x

Once i get a job in london I can move here full time but until then It's gonna be hard

What you think? :jaw:

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Also guys, I've just been reading about weekly signings on here and people are saying after 6 months you get put on weekly signings for 6 weeks, I have been on weekly signings now for 2/3 months, is this right? I can't remember the last time i signed on every 2 weeks !!

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

My son went to another area to stay with someone and look for work in the area. He informed the Job Centre (or what ever they call themselves now a days) They said it was OK for him to sign on in the area he was staying in. He had to ring and make an appointment to sign on and he received his money as usual.

ok so if i phone them and just ask if it's possible to sign at another job centre plus, i have my book and stuff with me, They will be able to do it that way? cheers for the help!

It will be worth your while ringing and asking them. Tell them you are looking for work and will be moving to the area permanantly if you get a job there. If you fail to sign on you will loose your two weeks money and will have to do a reclaim.

I know you can take holidays in the UK and still receive your JSA, its when you go abroad that it can/will be stopped.

Hopefully one of the CAG experts can help you more.

Sorry to hear about your JSA being stopped, did you appeal, if you fight these decisions often it is overturned, the same thing happened to me, and I wrote 2 page letter compalining and showing them whilst I didnt apply for their (unsuitable) job I did apply for many many others in my career field (IT Support).

Andy

I am going to ring them now!! trying their local nmber instead of their 0845.. if i can't get through ont hie rlocal number I'll just pop down to the local job centre here and use their phone!!.. I did appeal but they still stopped it until i applied for hardship, The whole system is a joke but what can you do? :lol:

Just phoned them up, bswitch board put me through to cambridge's office but they said it should be ok aslong as i am looking for work in london i can sign on at my local office, fill in a form and then they will fax it through to Huntingdon, Just need to wait for huntingdon to phone me to say yes and what time i can go to my nearest office. Thanks guys!

------UPDATE------

Just received a phone call back from them, they said they are willing to let me sign on at Palmers Green this time only, If i am here again and I would like to sign on at Palmers Green again they said they would have to transfer me permently. Well atleast it saves me £50 train fare tomorrow!

Edited by Silky444