amex problems

Llewelynlad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

My Amex credit card was used by my company which is now wound up! Amex say the debt is mine and Newmans are dealing with it. I have had the CCA and I have disputed the debt on the grounds that the agreement is

A)
an application form and B) clearly states that the application is for “my company Ltd” signed by me.

Amex have said that they have considered the dispute but still insist its my personal debt. Newmans have threatened to SD me now.

I think the agreement (application) is not enforceable, even though it has the prescribed terms on it. It does not say it’s a personal debt nay where and the T &C were never sent to me (only sent them after I requested the CCA)

Also I have never seen a notice of assignation from Newmans.

Any chance of me posting a copy of the agreement for someone to look at before I respond to Newmans

Kindest regards..llewelynlad

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, was it a personal Amex card or a company Amex card? What sort of figure are we talking about here? Did you sign a personal guarantee at all? When your business was wound up, was the official receiver involved and did you list the debt as a company debt at the time? Is the official receiver asking you to make any payments?

I had issues with Newmans, they are bullies and they threatened me with a statutory demand but I was robust in my income and expenditure statement and eventually they gave up. In your case, if they issue a statutory demand, all you have to do is apply for it to be set aside on the grounds that the debt is disputed, and then they will have to go to court in order to prove their case.