best internet provider -any advice please?

Guest naillig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looking like bt then? do they throw in the router/hub with that? as it is bt itself, you should at least get decent support? 10£ unlimited is not bad actually, imo. sky LLU unlimited is over that, and then only if with their tv!?

IMO

:-):rant:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been looking into alternative providers for myself and it seems that even though we are 200m away from our BT exchange we can't get the fast speeds because our exchange hasn't been upgraded yet so we have to pay top whack!

Why can't they have a blanket charge for everybody? GGGRRRRRR!!!!!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest naillig

I am now with Bt and happy with it -speed is currently 2 and a half times faster already !

Now Tiscali are saying my line is still active -even though they disconnected my service the same day !

I have rung them and still got nowhere -why do these companies always do this to everyone !?

He said BT hadn;'t notified them -in that case -how come the MAC code was used and they disconnected my service the same day !

Tiscali nightmare !

I cannot find out how to change my email address on this site -if some kind person could tell me please -thanks

Go to User CP up on the right, then on the left My settings click on Edit email :wink:

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

I am now with Bt and happy with it -speed is currently 2 and a half times faster already !

..................Tiscali nightmare !........

sounds good. any dropouts so far?

another thumbs down for tiscali!

IMO

No dropouts as yet- 4 days , stable and speed is almost 3mb compared to barely 1mb and below.

that's good.

strange though, seeing that your exchange can only use bt equipment and thus any 'provider' would have to use the same bt equipment (dslam for eg)!

IMO

Your equipment for the 1st few days increses speed by a notch, and every day that the speed is stable, the connection moved up another notch. If it disconnects once in a day it stays on that notch, if it disconnects more than 2 times in a day it moves down a notch. After a few days they figure the profile you are on is the fastest stable and so they set that as your profile.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar