Comet customer care NOT

donotletthem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The problems below stem from what could have been a very simple process if only the customer service department had done as promised. We do understand that new electrical items do from time to time develop faults. It is an expectation that the company these goods are purchased from would do there upmost to make sure any faults are rectified and the items concerned fit for purpose.

A call was made to the Laskys customer care number on Thursday 2nd December concerning a fault with a camera that had been purchased at the end of July as a birthday present for a Birthday Mid-August. During this call the fault was described and the customer service operator said we would receive a call back so pickup could be arranged as the camera needs to be inspected. During the call it was also asked if we would have the camera back in time for Christmas in which we were told most definitely. This call was made from our home telephone number and appears on the itemised telephone bill.

With the lead up to Christmas we totally forgot about the camera and it had slipped the house holds minds that we hadn’t received a call back and the camera was still away boxed in its safe place. It was only Christmas Eve when getting the camera out to charge that it was remembered the camera wasn’t working so we would be left with no pictures of our young children. Not only did we miss Christmas photographs but it is also a birthday of one child 3 days after so due to the extended bank holidays this was also missed.

On the 30 December a call was made to customer services, during this call it was explained about the first call and that we had no camera for Christmas and we would like to have a camera for New Year. The response was no call had ever been made 2 December and the camera could be picked up on the 7 January. This response was found unacceptable so it was requested to speak to a manager we were told no manager was available and a call back would be received within four hours.

After four hours and no call back yet again customer services were called the problems described and a request made for something to be done so we would have a working camera for New Year. After being told nothing could be done until after New Year it was requested to speak to a manager. After being told someone would call back in four hours we refused this and said that we would hold the line until a manager became free. Five minutes passed and then the next person came to the phone when asking their position custom services team lead was the response. The problems were again described and to have a working camera for new year was requested I was then asked how did I expect to have a working camera in time for new year my response was I could take the camera I have to my local comet store and have it replaced. The customer service person told me this was impossible as Laskys and comet are total different companies. I questioned this and was told there is nothing that can be done and then the phone was cut-off from customer services.

By now I decided enough was enough and started a little research into Laskys a trading name of comet, comet and Kesa electronics the parent company for comet. As part of this research I obtained all the directors information for comet and head office details.

The next step was to phone comet head office to speak to Toby Lousada customer services director. Upon calling and asking for Toby I was put through to customers services. I asked for Toby when speaking to customer services and was told they had no way of putting me through I would have to call head office it was explained this is where the original call was made to the reply, there nothing we can do to help.

Comet head office was called again, I was put through to customer services again, this went on for four calls, on the fifth my first words were please don’t put me through to customer services as I’m requesting to speak to Toby Lousada not customer services. The response you must be an idiot if you think someone will help you today.

By now I was starting to get upset at what was unfolding and also had been taken back in disbelieve that this was deemed a fit was to treat a customer.

Recap so far

2 December no call back, 30 December no call back, lack of knowledge concerning the company customer services work for, Lack of willingness to help, refusal to solve problem, verbal abusiveness directed at a customer. Still no working camera and it is now 28 day since it was first reported faulty.

31 December and number of further calls were made to both head office and customer services, customer services mainly as this is again where head office put the calls through to even so requested not to call backs had been promised nothing yet again returned, so the calls to customer services and comet continued. Finally a call back was received (by now it must have been realised that I wasn’t going to just go away and except I had been failed and by comet) from Peter Johnson, Peter introduced himself as the head of Laskys, and that there was no one more senior in Laskys, this statement of course was untrue.

The lists of problems to date were described to Peter apology requested from the switchboard operator and a working camera also requested for New Year’s Eve. Peters responses were somewhat bemusing

· I would receive a call back and be apologised to (this of course have never happened)

· A call on the 2 December was never made (we do have the itemised bill showing this call)

· Comet and Laskys are totally separate companies (not according to the legal structure of the business and the websites for both businesses)

· Nothing could be done about the camera and I would need to send it in to Laskys after the new year at an expense to myself

· It isn’t Laskys problem that we haven’t had a camera for Christmas and will not have one for new year

· I had probably broken the camera myself

Due to the response above I e-mailed Laskys asking for a full refund so I was able to purchase a new camera for New Year’s Eve. (Of course this didn’t happen)

Starting the 4 January after now not having a camera for Christmas and New Year I repeatedly called to speak to Toby and on a number of occasions have been subjected to verbal from the switchboard operator, it seems this is acceptable from a comet corporate policy as it continues to happen although brought to the attention of staff.

In the end customer services agreed that the camera would be picked up by the local comet store to be looked at but that comet will not replace the camera but repair it all in good time. The camera was picked up on the 6 January. (Again I had been told the camera couldn’t be taken to comet as Laskys and comet are totally different companies, but now someone from comet will pick up the camera?)

7 January called and spoke to Jane Beauchamp a team leader in the MD’s office customer services to confirm that the camera had been received and ask how long until I had my refund or a replacement. Jane told me it was normal policy to take 28 days to which it was explained it has already been over 28 days and we had missed photographs of our children for Christmas one birthday and new year and the reason a new camera was bought was to have good photos. I also explained that it was my others daughter’s birthday in less than 28 days and we didn’t want to miss photos for this. The response obtained was also somewhat disappointing

“Well if I had young children I would have gone and bought another camera”

During the last 2 weeks I have been repeatedly told the matter is being dealt with to a satisfactory level and what else did I expect. The expectations originally where to have a working camera for Christmas and since this would to be discuss all failings with Toby Lousada and expect a full and complete response. Taking in to consideration the many aspects of failings by laskys.

On the 11 January a further call was made to the director’s office customer service team to get an update, the response the camera is still in the comet store.

All of the above is highly interesting considering the comments of Bob Drake Commercial director for comet “we do everything we can for our customers”

I would welcome an open reply to this letter from a member of the comet director’s team within 5 working days and a call from Toby Lousada within 24 hours to further discuss.

For those who want to listen to some of the calls and despicable comments made by the switchboard operator and customer services team look out for the YouTube video which also adds some humour to the situation, this will be posted once that mater is closed we just don’t want to miss any further calls that may take place.

You main error here seems to be the continued use of the telephone instead of letter. Write now using recorded deliver to the main man and heading it 'Personal' and 'tell' him that this has gone on long enough and that if your camera isn't returned in full working order or a new camera suppled within 14 days, you will take legal advice.

Just make sure links to those YouTube vids are posted here for us all to see.

Have just called head office and asked to speak to Toby Lousada to discuss above as it was mailed to all directors yesterday, recived a read receipt from Toby yesterday also. The opperator put me through to customer services someone called Amy answered at customer services the call went as follows

CS: soory if you have had a long wait how can I help you?

donotletthem: I was on hold for Toby Lousada

CS: sorry what does that mean, is it posh for you have been waiting a long time

donotletthem: no Toby Lousada is the customer services director

CS: who's he

does anyone in comet customer services actually fnow what customer service is?

Connif thanks for your reply have alsready looked at contract law, SOGA and some EU directives Comet are in breach many times over

Dear All,

Please find below the response from Comet,

I note the contents of your recent emails regarding your Fujifilm camera.

Although we are not always available to take calls, we do have a team of colleagues that are trained to deal with the necessary issues that you have raised and the authority to make the decision they feel is relevant for the situation.

I am sorry that you had a delay in your call being returned, unfortunately, although we have completed extensive internal investigations, we are unable to trace any call for the beginning of December, and therefore unable to trace who it was you spoke to regarding your faulty camera.

I understand that when this was reported again at the end of December, although we were unable to agree to your request to a replacement at that stage, after speaking with Peter Johnson you reluctantly agreed to have the camera inspected as per Laskys policy of which I believe was explained.

I am sorry that it was not made clear to you at the time regarding the relationship between Comet and Laskys, and although we are part of the same trading group we do operate separately, which is why you were not at that stage referred to Comet. However, I understand that when you spoke to Jane Beauchamp, although this is not a procedure we would normally follow, on this occasion after discussions with Peter Johnson, she did arrange for your camera to be collected by one of the Comet stores so that they could refer this to the manufacturers on Laskys behalf.

As the nature of the problem you had reported was not one that could be determined over the phone and once this fault had been confirmed by the manufacturers, as a gesture of goodwill it was agreed that since there was no alternative camera to offer, a refund in full was offered.

I am sorry that you felt the service you were offered by both Laskys and Comet colleagues was unacceptable. I would expect all colleagues to speak to our customers in the appropriate manner and apologise for the way in which certain colleagues addressed you and would like to assure you that this has already been dealt with internally.

In closing, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused.

Yours sincerely

Hugh Harvey

Managing Director

This is what I replied

Dear Mr Harvey,

Let me start by saying how disappointed I am in your response to the many problems that Laskys / Comet have caused myself. The response below doesn’t cover many of the points that have been brought up or address the issues, below are all points I would like you to address fully by return.

· The reason that I was without a camera for Christmas is due to the fact my wife never received a call back as promised. Would you be happy to of bought a new camera as you don’t want to miss memories of you young children growing up and then miss the photo opportunities over Christmas due to the lack of care by the company the purchase was made from?

· Why was no call back again received on the 30 December

· If customer services had responded to their failings, they would of tried to regain my confidence by making sure I had a camera for new year, why was the fact we had already been failed not taken in to account

· Why was I told Laskys and Comet are totally different companies when this is not indeed the truth. Many companies operate under different trading names but still have links to each other just like Laskys and Comet. These links can be used for the good of customer services which in turn is to the good of the group.

· Why have you not addressed the fact that Peter Johnson lied about who he was, accused myself of breaking the Camera, and told me it was my fault I had no camera for Christmas and new year

· You have not addressed the fact that a member of your staff called myself an idiot. Please provide a full report on this matter and have an apology made to myself from the person concerned.

· Why did I still not have a working camera over 28 days after the fault was first reported

· Why did I have no response to my e-mail 31 December asking for a full refund so I could purchase a new Camera for new year’s eve.

· I have wasted about 7 hours of my time and gone to the expense of making a number of calls to have this matter addressed what are you going to do about this

· You do not address the comments made by Jane Beauchamp, do you think these comments are satisfactory

· No response has been made over Bob Drakes comments

· Do you personally condone how this matter has been dealt with and the fact my family was left without a camera for Christmas and new year,

· Personally do you think a refund covers everything that has happened, the time and expense we have gone to, the upset caused by not having photographs of our children over Christmas and new year and the fact it is now more expensive to buy a camera due to the VAT rise.

I look forward to you reply by return and within 4 hours, as I do believe this is normal comet procedure alternatively please feel free to call and discuss.

A response within 4 hours just will not happen and why ask them to call you as they can then deny everything ever said in that conversation. tell them you wnat whatever they say in writing before you will come to an agreement.

Heres an answer to you question 'does anyone in comet customer services actually fnow what customer service is?' Based on my dealings with them - NO

Actually believe it or not Comet Customer Services in my opinion do an excellent job in most cases ,unfortunately this will hardly be mentioned by members of this Forum, you will seldom read any posts from the majority of customers that have had any issues resolved to their complete satisfaction but such is life.

You have had a bad experience with your faulty camera in trying to get this problem resolved and hopefully you will get things sorted out. I am sure you will keep us informed here of any future developments good or bad.

Going back to your COMET/LASKYS equation I suppose it is similar to buying a camera from your local ASDA and complaining to the head office of WALLMART in AMERICA if you have been unhappy with the customer service given regarding the purchase if a fault developed ,and there is nothing to stop anyone doing that.

I am sure they would respond to try and resolve the issue to the customers satisfaction.

On a footnote regarding Toby Lousada i am led to believe he has now left COMET so he will be even harder to find.

Regards

GorgieBoy

again ime shooting from the hip

if laskys is a tyrading name of comet then you are entitled to raise a complaint with comet head office

for example

currys and pc world are trading name of dixons store group

dixons is only online as well so its DSG in hemel hempstead

at the end of the day

its comets problem

I have just read my post again and I do not think I said it was NOT a COMET problem, LASKYS do trade as a seperate company

Also unless things have changed I still thought ASDA was owned by WALLMART .

COMET is also part of KESA who are the parent Group so where does it all end ?

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 2 months later...
The problems below stem from what could have been a very simple process if only the customer service department had done as promised. We do understand that new electrical items do from time to time develop faults. It is an expectation that the company these goods are purchased from would do there upmost to make sure any faults are rectified and the items concerned fit for purpose.

A call was made to the Laskys customer care number on Thursday 2nd December concerning a fault with a camera that had been purchased at the end of July as a birthday present for a Birthday Mid-August. During this call the fault was described and the customer service operator said we would receive a call back so pickup could be arranged as the camera needs to be inspected. During the call it was also asked if we would have the camera back in time for Christmas in which we were told most definitely. This call was made from our home telephone number and appears on the itemised telephone bill.

With the lead up to Christmas we totally forgot about the camera and it had slipped the house holds minds that we hadn’t received a call back and the camera was still away boxed in its safe place. It was only Christmas Eve when getting the camera out to charge that it was remembered the camera wasn’t working so we would be left with no pictures of our young children. Not only did we miss Christmas photographs but it is also a birthday of one child 3 days after so due to the extended bank holidays this was also missed.

On the 30 December a call was made to customer services, during this call it was explained about the first call and that we had no camera for Christmas and we would like to have a camera for New Year. The response was no call had ever been made 2 December and the camera could be picked up on the 7 January. This response was found unacceptable so it was requested to speak to a manager we were told no manager was available and a call back would be received within four hours.

After four hours and no call back yet again customer services were called the problems described and a request made for something to be done so we would have a working camera for New Year. After being told nothing could be done until after New Year it was requested to speak to a manager. After being told someone would call back in four hours we refused this and said that we would hold the line until a manager became free. Five minutes passed and then the next person came to the phone when asking their position custom services team lead was the response. The problems were again described and to have a working camera for new year was requested I was then asked how did I expect to have a working camera in time for new year my response was I could take the camera I have to my local comet store and have it replaced. The customer service person told me this was impossible as Laskys and comet are total different companies. I questioned this and was told there is nothing that can be done and then the phone was cut-off from customer services.

By now I decided enough was enough and started a little research into Laskys a trading name of comet, comet and Kesa electronics the parent company for comet. As part of this research I obtained all the directors information for comet and head office details.

The next step was to phone comet head office to speak to Toby Lousada customer services director. Upon calling and asking for Toby I was put through to customers services. I asked for Toby when speaking to customer services and was told they had no way of putting me through I would have to call head office it was explained this is where the original call was made to the reply, there nothing we can do to help.

Comet head office was called again, I was put through to customer services again, this went on for four calls, on the fifth my first words were please don’t put me through to customer services as I’m requesting to speak to Toby Lousada not customer services. The response you must be an idiot if you think someone will help you today.

By now I was starting to get upset at what was unfolding and also had been taken back in disbelieve that this was deemed a fit was to treat a customer.

Recap so far

2 December no call back, 30 December no call back, lack of knowledge concerning the company customer services work for, Lack of willingness to help, refusal to solve problem, verbal abusiveness directed at a customer. Still no working camera and it is now 28 day since it was first reported faulty.

31 December and number of further calls were made to both head office and customer services, customer services mainly as this is again where head office put the calls through to even so requested not to call backs had been promised nothing yet again returned, so the calls to customer services and comet continued. Finally a call back was received (by now it must have been realised that I wasn’t going to just go away and except I had been failed and by comet) from Peter Johnson, Peter introduced himself as the head of Laskys, and that there was no one more senior in Laskys, this statement of course was untrue.

The lists of problems to date were described to Peter apology requested from the switchboard operator and a working camera also requested for New Year’s Eve. Peters responses were somewhat bemusing

· I would receive a call back and be apologised to (this of course have never happened)

· A call on the 2 December was never made (we do have the itemised bill showing this call)

· Comet and Laskys are totally separate companies (not according to the legal structure of the business and the websites for both businesses)

· Nothing could be done about the camera and I would need to send it in to Laskys after the new year at an expense to myself

· It isn’t Laskys problem that we haven’t had a camera for Christmas and will not have one for new year

· I had probably broken the camera myself

Due to the response above I e-mailed Laskys asking for a full refund so I was able to purchase a new camera for New Year’s Eve. (Of course this didn’t happen)

Starting the 4 January after now not having a camera for Christmas and New Year I repeatedly called to speak to Toby and on a number of occasions have been subjected to verbal from the switchboard operator, it seems this is acceptable from a comet corporate policy as it continues to happen although brought to the attention of staff.

In the end customer services agreed that the camera would be picked up by the local comet store to be looked at but that comet will not replace the camera but repair it all in good time. The camera was picked up on the 6 January. (Again I had been told the camera couldn’t be taken to comet as Laskys and comet are totally different companies, but now someone from comet will pick up the camera?)

7 January called and spoke to Jane Beauchamp a team leader in the MD’s office customer services to confirm that the camera had been received and ask how long until I had my refund or a replacement. Jane told me it was normal policy to take 28 days to which it was explained it has already been over 28 days and we had missed photographs of our children for Christmas one birthday and new year and the reason a new camera was bought was to have good photos. I also explained that it was my others daughter’s birthday in less than 28 days and we didn’t want to miss photos for this. The response obtained was also somewhat disappointing

“Well if I had young children I would have gone and bought another camera”

During the last 2 weeks I have been repeatedly told the matter is being dealt with to a satisfactory level and what else did I expect. The expectations originally where to have a working camera for Christmas and since this would to be discuss all failings with Toby Lousada and expect a full and complete response. Taking in to consideration the many aspects of failings by laskys.

On the 11 January a further call was made to the director’s office customer service team to get an update, the response the camera is still in the comet store.

All of the above is highly interesting considering the comments of Bob Drake Commercial director for comet “we do everything we can for our customers”

I would welcome an open reply to this letter from a member of the comet director’s team within 5 working days and a call from Toby Lousada within 24 hours to further discuss.

For those who want to listen to some of the calls and despicable comments made by the switchboard operator and customer services team look out for the YouTube video which also adds some humour to the situation, this will be posted once that mater is closed we just don’t want to miss any further calls that may take place.

I was surfing for some useful advice and came accross this. Whilst I might agree that Comet has a poor customer service, I also feel that you are trying to blame them for not being mind readers! OK, they didn't call you and that is bad. But you say 'We forgot about the camera' and expect that to be an acceptable lapse, but someone else forgetting to call you as unacceptable? Come on. Comet seem to have mirrored your incompetence here, which you seem to fail to see. To blame the lack of photos on this situation is rather poor. Most households these days have more than one camera. And if not then it would be very easy to find someone to borrow one of for a few hours.

And on a grammatical note the word 'of' is often misused instead of the word 'have' eg. 'to HAVE bought a new camera', not 'to OF bought a new camera'

• 4 months later...

I'm writing to give another side to the story. In my opinion, the service I've received from Lasky's is second to none. Rather than repeat the story, here is the letter I've written to Lasky's Head Office.

The Manager, etc etc

HU1 3AU Re: Order ID 02? 5?? ?5 - Letter of Appreciation

I am writing to let you know of the excellent service I have just received from your Joanne – I'm only sorry that I didn't ask for her surname. It might be said that what she did for me was just what she is employed for, but we all know that there are many ways of “doing” a job.

I went on to the Internet to look for a supplier for an Epson PX720WD which a local computer repair shop had spoken highly of. I found your web site, thanks to Google, and saw that you were offering a good price. I have never dealt with you before, but I knew the name, so I went ahead and placed the order. I was told it would be delivered on Thursday and it was.

Unfortunately, I struck a problem. No matter what I did, I ended up with a message telling me to insert the cartridges. I tried five times – I'm absolutely sure the cartridges are inserted correctly, and the positive click as I pushed the cartridge home seemed to confirm that they are correctly installed, but the message on the screen would not go away.

I rang Laskys this morning as it appeared that my email, sent in the early hours of Sunday morning, had not reached the correct department.

My telephone call was answered by Joanne, and immediately her voice was positive and re-assuring. I explained what had happened with the printer. She did not interrupt once, and having listened to me she said that the printer was in stock and that she would arrange for a new printer to be delivered on Friday and for the Parcel Force driver to pick up “my” printer.

I had hardly got over the surprise of the pleasant phone call and the clear demonstration that Laskys have a “No Quibble” policy, when I received two emails from you – one to confirm the arrangements for the exchange and a Returns Form to be printed out – and the second which advised that you had refunded my postage.

That is simply amazing – I constantly read forum postings, letters to Editors, and magazine articles, where this issue is raised, and it seems that you must be just about the only company that behaves in such an ethical manner !!

Page Two

I am only a private customer, so my business is not worth much, but rest assured – I will always visit your web first when I next want anything to do with computing, and will gladly tell my friends all about your excellent service.

I would be very grateful if you would pass on my appreciation for the very pleasant way in which Joanne handled my call. She is a great credit to your organisation.

Kind Regards Geo?? L????

I have no connection with Laskys - other than as a very satisfied customer.

I suggest that the original poster should take note of the advice from subsequent poster. Don't make any more phone calls. Put everything in writing and send it by Recorded Delivery. When it is quite clear - as it is - that the Company is trading under it's own name, that is where you should address your complaint. They will soon advise you if your correspondence should be addressed elsewhere. Your insistence on writing to where you think you should, is clearly not getting you anywhere.

Why not take a step backwards. Discuss the problem with a friend. Ask the friend to look at this site. Then ask her to write the next letter. Don't say, "Why should I."

Just accept that you are not getting anywhere fast. If you had the money, you would no doubt be happy for the lawyer to write letters on your behalf. Think of your friend as a lawyer - but without having to expect a huge bill at the end !!

I hope you manage to get the matter settled to your satisfaction.

• 1 year later...

Anybody got any advice because COMET have done nothing in 6 weeks after I reported a fault with a coffee machine that has a 5 year warranty. Their customer care is appalling, they make promises and nothing happens, they don't answer emails. I will think very carefully about every buying from them again. What's the point of a warranty if they just hope you'll go away.