No Eviction Notice Landlord Wants Me Out 14 Days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can someone please help me here my landlord has given me till the 20 January 2011 to vacate the property I rent from him, It all started when he rang me and told me I was 2 months in arrears I quickly set up a payment plan and paid off this debt, he then rang me a few weeks later to say the council is not paying the full rent and I would have to put the rest towards the rent, with this I went to my local council and explained how the situation to my Horror they told me I was never behind with my rent I showed them all my receipts from the payments I had made fro rent arrears. The council then told me that all future rent would be paid in to my account, within One week my landlord text me and said he wants me out am totally shocked. Today the landlord went to my Guarantor and told him he wants me out by the 20/01/2011 he has left me no eviction notice and am I right in believing he has to give me One months notice to vacate, the council are looking in to the matter but seem slow in their developments could someone please advice.

Your LL cannot just give you notice to quit like that,can you give us some more details,how long have you lived there,what type of tenancy do you have,is there a tenancy agreement,where does your LL live and so on.

Try this as well http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/downloads_and_tools/eviction_checker

And if your getting housing benefit,it's paid 2 weeks in arreas

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...