Connaught/1st credit - SAR sent no signed agreement received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PPI would show as a separate item on the account each month of there was any.

Have you got all of your statements?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm

Unusual for a DCA to be able to supply all of the statements from the start of the account. Still, good that you've got them.

Complete this spreadsheet

CISheet v101.xls

List all of the charges/fees that they have put on the account for being over your limit/late with payment etc. Change the interest rate at the top to the rate they were charging on the account and leave the "Claim To" date as today.

What figure does the spreadsheet come up with and how does it compare to the amount of the alleged debt?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

1ST Credit are in the habit with the mass of Citi accounts they have of passing enquires back to Citi to answer,

ofteen there are ''managed'' delays in producing the data and often these requests result in ''recon'' documents suddenly appearing

even after statements being made that documents are not available in my opinion there is a cosy relationship between Citi and 1ST Credit.

For the benefit of the 1st credit forum watch this is my personal opinion!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Citibank issued a default notice in 2008,

however when I have look at this I am not sure if they have allowed my enough time.

The letter is dated 14th month and they have asked for payment of arrears by 27th month?

Does this allow postage time?

The Default notice is definitely wrong.. They are to allow 14 clear days, plus a mailing allowance (either 2 working days for 1st or 4 working days for 2nd class/UK Mail).

Is there any chance you can scan and post up the Default Notice and the TWO assignment notices ! Please make sure to remove all personal information and barcodes !!

Follow the instructions below and you should have no problems.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, thanks ims21. I have calculated the charges and the interest owed and the total is £360 vs a total debt of £3.5k.

Is that right from the start of the account?

Any chance you can post up the spreadie using the same method as detailed in citizenB's post above? (MINUS ANY PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS)

Just curious because the amount seems low.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Ok thanks Brigadier. What should I do now? Do I challenge them on this?

Yes you should be allowed 14 clear days with an allowance of 2 days for 1st class post and 4 days for 2nd class.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The default notice is faulty in not giving thr full 14 days to remedy the default.

The spreadsheet of my charges is attached. When I worked it out properly there are £156 of charges. Thanks

[ATTACH]39005[/ATTACH]

Ok so you now have a sum that you can deduct from the balance being chased.

Other are helping you with the legitimacy of the default notice but another thing that may help is that if that default amount included the charges, that also makes the DN faulty.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

DO NOT let them know that the DN is faulty as they are able to rectify their ineptitude by simply issuing you a new enforceable one.

Keep it shtum.

If they issue you with a summons now then you will be able to show the judge that they issued a faulty DN., and therefore you were seriously disadvantage because of it, and if they had indeed followed legislation, you would have been able to rectify the account by paying the arrears.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 7 months later...
Hi, I have recently been receiving letters from 1st credit saying that bankruptcy proceedings are being considered. The debt becomes statute barred in approx 6 months time. Is their and chance 1st credit will go through with their threat?

Any advice would be mush appreciated!

What is the value of the debt and do you own any assets - property, land, etc ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is approx £3.5k, and yes I own a house but after a sale their would be no money in it!

All I can say is that they have been issuing Stat Demands - in 2009 they were censured by the OFT for issuing these and not following them through - they have had some capital investment over the last 6 months as I understand it, so they might follow through, although if they were aware there was nothing in it for them at the end of it they might not.

Sadly these companies are so unpredictable.

BCOBS

Ok thanks. Is their anything that I can do to rattle them or do I just wait to see what happens?

Sorry, I don't quite understand.. do you want them to issue Stat Demand ?

BCOBS

With 1stCred I found it best to ignore them or you end up playing letter tennis with their compliance department- oh the joys of their creative arguments are coming back to me.Unless the threat sounds genuine and imminent. As your DN is invalid, would think you should be able to set aside any Stat Notice. Always a worry when they know you're a home owner . I took a chance and sat them out , but everyones' circumstances are a bit different and in the end it's your decision.

I take it this is the October 2012, debt still?