Unauthorised DD who do I claim money from

ravmic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry this is a long one, please bear with me.

I was going over my wife's current account statement and I saw a monthly direct debit payment for Homecare Insurance for £8.99. Neither of us had any idea what this was for.

I sent an e-mail to Nationwide for information and they gave me the address of the company the money was going to.

The company turned out to be CPP so I gave them a call. They told me that they have a sister company called Phonesafe which were likely the culprit. However after getting in touch with Phonesafe they told me that they have no record of my wife or her mobile phone. It turns out that they insure mobile phones for T-Mobile. Wy wife used to have a monthly contract with T-mobile but this was terminated in Feb 2009, the dd started in July 2009? And we had never agreed to insurance when she was using the phone. The really weird thing is that when we were on the T-mobile contract the money went from our joint LlyodsTsb account. So how had phonesafe got hold of the NWide account details. The only thing I can think of was my wife had used the account debit card to top up her pay as you go phone.

Anyway my question is where do I stand with regards to claiming a refund? Would it be through Phonesafe or Nationwide? I have sent copies of my statements showing the direct debit to Phonesafe but they have failed to reply.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Ta.

Thanks for that, I've already sent Nationwide 3 private messages and they just more or less tell me that I need to pursue it with the organisation they paid out to. Which isn't getting me far as they have no details of me on their system. They can't even query the system with the building society account details!

I'll let you know how I get on.