Request for repayment,like others got standard letter back!

lancsman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like others i,ve got the standard letter back but i,m now getting mad.With all their excessive charges the "banks"have made my life a hell of a lot harder then it possibly could have been.

In the "good"times i must have made Nationwide a tidy profit.i was always well in credit they were using my money to make money.Now incredulously i find theyre breaking u.k. law and just quoting "terms and conditions signed".Not admitting their charges show an excessive profit margin!!!

So now i,m going to send them "letter before action" I was being "nice" i,d only asked for the unfair charges back + some interest now i,m going to find out how to adjust for the 8%?

john r

Guest stephen

The correct procedure for claim back teh 8% will be posted up very soon just waiting on Bankfodder to put it soem where for me.

THANKS STEPHEN IT WILL TAKE ME A FEW DAYS TO "ASSEMBLE" MY NEXT LETTER.So i will have time to read about the "correct procedure for claiming the8%". Thats the letter before action i,m talking about.I seem to get the impression that "everybody" takes legal action in person whereas i,m going to check out the"MONEYCLAIM.GOV.UK" AS WELL AS F.A.Q.its not easy and theres a lot of flaws in the bank,s procedures which if we included in every letter they,d have to pay their staff more to read it!!!

john r

It's in the FAQ

Have sent Letter Before Action to a Ms HiscocksTeam 4 by Snailmail explaining that they have a finall 14 days to refund illegal charges as set out in my original letter before i recalculate the sums to include interest and claim costs and go to the small claims court.

Also sent an e-mail to Mr bacon including the letter sent to Ms Hiscocks.explaining in plain english that this was Letter Before Action to re claim sums paid to their organisation in illegal charges.

Now we will see whos bluffing MONEYCLAIM NEXT!!!!!

WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED.

john r

Hello dave not sure how to add letter and e-mailon here written it out and filed it if you want copytell me how and i,l gladly post itall on here or e-mail you.not sure howto do it

john r

Its taken a bit of time but heres a letter i sent

Mr x. x xxxxxxxx Flex Account xxxxxxxxxx.. 2cd April2006

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Lincolnshire

PE22 xxx

Ms T Hiscocks

Nationwide Building Society

Branch ServiceCentre.Team 4

P.O.Box 2098

Swindon

SN1 5TY.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Ms Hiscocks

As i stated in my first letter to yourselves,regarding the regime of "fees" pertaining to my account.

I understand from recent information that these fees in relation to charges brought about by direct debit refusals,exceeding overdraft limits and so on,are unlawfull at commom law,statute and recent consumer regulations.

Do bear in mind that;

1. Bank charges are not legally enforcable if they are penalties.Penalty clauses in contracts under English and Scottish law for breach of contract are not legal if the penalty exceeds the actual cost of the breach of either party.

2.This is also a breach of the 1999 Consumer Credit Act(unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts).

3.Notwithstanding the fact that i signed an agreement with yourselves regarding Flex Account Terms and Conditions.It is also an implied term of that contract to operate my account under English Law.Which by definition you are abusing by excessive "charges"which do not reflect the true cost to yourselves of operating my account.

Your terms and conditions do not supersede common law.

4.Also you very quickly forget,that i have been a customer of yours through a large part of my adult life.Operating my account with you,many,many times,well in credit.Allowing yourselves to use and profit greatly 24 hours a day from any excess funds in my account.

As stated in my previous letter I calculate from my statements from 31st march 2006 back to April 2002(notwithstanding a number of charges that were negotiated and refunded) that you have taken £743.81.

I REQUIRE REPAYMENT IN FULL OF THIS MONEY AND IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY FULLY WITHIN 14 DAYS THEN I SHALL BEGIN A CLAIM AGAINST YOU.

THIS FOR THE FULL AMMOUNT. PLUS INTEREST AT 8%. PLUS MY COSTS.WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR DIALOGUE.

Yours faithfully

John xxxxxxx

john r

WELL FOLKS ISN,T IT AMAZING THE LITTLE DITTY I WROTE WITH BANK ACTIONS HELP HAS HAD A RESULT!!!

Got a letter back from Ms Tina Hiscocks.Saying,

Thank you for your recent E-Mail dated 2cd April 2006 addressed to Charles Bacon.

I can confirm that we have refunded the charges of£xxx.xx to the above account.

WOOO HOOO It proves were right folks.Haven,t actually checked the account but a donation for Law Books will be on the way.

Lloyds bank next.D.P.A.Sent....

Northern Rock letter sent...

john r

• 6 months later...

Hi what a strange name,welcome .you need to have a look at F.A.Q.and send a data protection act request letter detailing all your charges and wether their was "manual intervention"their is a letter in the "library"for this. do look round first before jumping inand putting your foot in.If you do it right you should get what is lawfully yours back.

best of luck

john r

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

john r

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks