2 CCJS for same debt?

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

My dad has had a CCJ registered against him about 5 years ago by a CC company.

He didn't realise until about 2-3 years ago,

we sent a sec 78 request,

to which they replied with a copy of the agreement that was effectively a word document

- no signatures, no prescribed terms etc.

They then said the agreement was enforcable and kept sending it to debt collectors.

We kept sending sec 78 requests, to which the debt kept getting returned.

Then, one of the debt companies sent a copy of the agreement with no t&c's, n prescribed terms and I think it may have had his signature on it.

( I can'y remember).

They are noe theatening to register a CCJ agsint him, saying that there isnt one on his file now.

I have 2 questions:

1. Am I right in thinking that their first response to a sec 78 request is the legally recognised one under the CCA?

2. Can they register another CCJ even though there has already been one? Even if it may have come off due to the 6 year rule?

Any comments will be gratefully received.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Thanks Wino, I didn't think they could. How would the court know though if it's over the 6 years?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Wino, I didn't think they could. How would the court know though if it's over the 6 years?

They may not as their records are usually destroyed after that point. Is there proof of the original judgment?