PC World, TechGuys so bad!!

tenpenny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TechGuys had my laptop (Advent 5401) for a month, sent it back to me not fixed (screen had different coloured vertical lines all over it) , sent it back, after 6 weeks i asked for vouchers for a new laptop (i didnt want this as mine was only 2 years old,) which took another week because head office kept rejecting the request (they have no tel. number, what a shock!) finally got credit letter (with no voucher number) and got a new laptop after 2 months!! Still, a simple screen shouldnt take 2 months to repair, well, they didnt repair it anyway. Theres so many complaints about this type of thing and still they carry on. Whateverhappens doesnt seem to be much better than PC Performance , people saying they cant claim because PC World say the damage wasnt accidental. Its just not good enough, when and who will take responsibilty for these uncaring, unhealpful people?:mad:

I can sympathise with the troubles that you have had during the repair but there are reasons that your repair might have taken a while.

The workshop that the Techguys use for repairs has recently moved from Mansfield to Newark. Due to the move this caused a back log of around 20,000 + laptop. Plus if a screen was needed but not in stock this might have added to the job.

I agree that getting vouchers is infurating but you have to understand that the business wants to make sure it is writing off machines that have a legit claim and to the right person.

I'm not trying to defend them, it's just i can see they do try

back logs down to 17,000 now ;), was origionally (about 6 weeks ago) 40,000+

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Seriously, whatever excuse they have , just isnt good enough! They could have told me about the move and about the backlog of so many reprairs, and just given me the vouchers at the start as they knew it wasnt going to get fixed. Then 1 person said you can get a voucher code on saturday, the next said no you cant, the whole service was terrible.

And the point of sending it back not even fixed was??

They obviously knew about the move and so should have catered for it.

Poor, Poor, Poor!!

I agree with you the service isn't perfect.

Unfortunatly when you call the call centre it is like a lottery. You will get through to some staff who will be open and honest about the situation and even if they can't satisfy you with the answer you want will at least tell you the situation your in.

Then you get the agents who will tow the company line and tell you everything is ok. Granted the move did not help anyone and believe me caused more problems in the long run.

As for the write off you have to understand that certain checks have to be made for the vouchers to get sent out to the right person. In regards to the voucher codes i know some agents give the codes out and some will just say wait for the vouchers.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. It's unfortunate that the agents that want to help you and have the experience to are being forced out the call centre