SAR requested, but denied info from YB.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Friends, I sent a SAR request for accounts held arround 1998 and got the following response and £10 cheque back. "we refer to your recent letter requesting info held by the bank under the terms of the data prot act. your letter however refers to loan accounts which would have been regulated by the consumer credit act. under the act, subsection 3 states that subsection 1 does not apply to an agreement under which no sum is, or will, or may become, payable to the debtor, therefore paperwork is no longer held on file and will have been destroyed. we also return your fee."

I want details of bank accounts for both visa and current, this is what I had and I remember, YB were ruthless with the charges, especially going overdrawn.

Can anyone help and advise if there is anything I can do?

Thanks.

Hi Indie2000,

Welcome to the CAG

Which section of the act are they refering to for the subsections?

Your request should not have anything to do with the CCA, it is legal request under the Data Protection Act for information that is held by them.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

do you mean a reply to your CCA request

or

an SAR?

an SAR is regarding all they hold on a PERSON, and does not necessarily require any account info.

a cca is specific to an A/C and if the A/C is closed/settled, they are under no obligation to supply it

slightly confused.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forgive me, I am a noob and this is the first account I am trying to reclaim my bank charges for.. I don't have the account numbers anywhere in the house, that is why I requested this information from YB via a SAR. Should I tackle this another/better way? thanks in advance

right

basically they are saying what they always will in these situations of it being over 6yrs old

they've destroyed them.

basically you're snookered.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that DX, I was wondering if it was really worth my while, well onto the next account :)

I may come back to this one later, if anyone else has any better idea's, I would be grateful.

indi.