style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I'm painting the woodwork and the door handles or hinges are caked in old paint or covered in over-brush marks then I remove them from the doors and soak them in vinegar. You don't need the expensive stuff that is used for cooking. My doors had those brass handles that I mistakenly thought were brass plated. They were real brass and were covered in paint. Initially I soked them for about 20 - 30 mins to make sure I didn't ruin them further then found that if I left them in long enough then I could just remove the paint easily with a soft scraper that would not gouge the brass. I then buffed them up with a soft cloth which makes them sparkle. Saves paying for new handles and the finished product look great. Make sure you test on an inconspicuous part first.

I use vinegar for all sorts of things but that's a new one on me.

Thanks.:)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
vinegar sorts out everything

If cag had a like button I would use it for this post, :madgrin:

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...
Guest harveysfurnitureUK Official Company Rep

Great tip! Vinegar is also great for cleaning windows too.

Yep, and then wipe them over with newspaper. :wink:

What's Best for You?

making sure you eat the chips out of the newspaper first:lol:

Goes without saying burly! :p

What's Best for You?