Scottish and Southern & E-On Mix up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After ringing them to say I did not want them to contact by phone anymore and only by letter they rang me yesterday, It was explained to me that the billing code HAS been applied and that they are perfectly right to bill for the previous years as those amounts had been paid to S&S, I have asked for this convulated mess to be explained by letter and they have assured me I should receive it by Monday :sad:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I have a reply and what a reply.

Forgive me for not photoing and uploading the letter but as its simple text I will just type it verbatim. It is very long winded though :mad:

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX

Following our recent conversation, I am writing to confirm how the balance reduction has been calculated to align your account with the billing code of practice.

Firstly, I would like to advise that after having discussed the calculation with the billing code team, I have established that the calculation is in fact incorrect. I would like to stress however that the credit applied to your account is in your favour as it is higher than it should have been had the initial calculation been accurate. We have decided not to remove the incorrect credit from your account due to the inconvenience you have experienced in getting this query resolved and I would like to apologise for this.

E.ON produced the first bill on your account on 3 March 2010 and so the billing code applies to the 12 months prior to this date. The date 12 months back from the first bill is called the 'cut-off date' and the charges before and after this date are split so that they can be handled seperately.

The part of the money you paid to the other supplier prior to the cut-off date is factored into the calculation, The total you paid to them is apportioned over the billing periods either side of the cut-off date and is done by taking the total amount you have paid (£1490.00) and dividing it by the number of days being billed (1454) then multiplying it by the number of days for each period. A total of £1117.70 of payments have been allocated to the period prior to the cut-off date. We ask you to pay this amount as this approximate figure would have been paid to the other supplier prior to the cut-off date.

Using the actual meter readings we have available throughout the account history, we have calculated that the charges after the cut-off date amount to £571.94. Therefore the total amount to pay after the application of the billing code would be £1689.64 (the £1117.70 paid to the other supplier before the cut-off date plus the charges since then of £571.94)

The balance on the bill produced at the time the billing code reduction was calculated was £1779.38, so a credit of £89.74 should have been applied to the account to reduce the balance to £1689.64 - The amount owed. Due to the incorrect initial calculation I referred to at the start of my letter, a credit of £368.65 was actually applied, so you have received a larger reduction than was actually necessary. As mentioned previously, this will remain on the account as an apology for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I hope this clarifies how we have aligned your account with the billing code of practice and answers some of the concerns you had over the way it had been applied to the account

Sincerely

Michael JXXXXXXX

What a load of rubbish!!

They have accepted that the billing code applies and then go on to ignore it.

The first (though incorrect) bill you received from EON was on 30th June 2010. The 'cut off' date is therefore 30th June 2009. They may well have made up your account on 3rd March 2010 but they did not send the all important bill to you -their error. How inefficient for them to send the bill to the HA - you would have thought that having gone to the trouble to take 'back' the account they would have realised that the whole problem was that EON & NG were working with the now incorrect builder's address.

You owe them absolutely nothing before 30th June 2009 - end of the matter.

All this talk of factoring in what you paid to the other supplier is so much hot air and an attempt to cut their losses.

I would write them a letter making the following points

a) You received the first bill from them on 30th June 2010. It matters not that they sent a bill in March to the wrong address.

b) the 'cut off' date is therefore 30th June 2009.

c) You require a bill from 30th June 2009 to 30th June 2010. They should make sure that any estimated meter readings are reasonble and that they deal witth the VAT correctly.

d) you owe them absolutely nothing for any period before the cutoff date and any bill they now send must not contain anything that applies before that date - no refunds etc.. They should therefore restart you account on 30th June 2009.

e) Why were they so keen to repossess this account? Both you and S&S were happy over a 4 year period. You are now very unhappy and Eon have found a way to make a significant loss on the account.

f) in veiw of the loss they are making you are prpared to forgo compensation

You could also add

g) As soon as possible you will transfer back to S&S!!! Perhaps it is wise not to add insult to injury.

Thank you Mr Pelham, hopefully you will forgive me but I have pretty much copied your points verbatim, I am only prepared to write to them as suggested earlier, but funnily enough a bill arrived today with OVERDUE stamped on it. they really are crazy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Because this has gone on so long , do you think they will remove the £3.04 prompt payment discount :rolleyes:

Good luck , keep up the good work.

All they have done is send out yet another "revised" bill which hilariously reduces the prompt payment to 0.49p

Then after their previously funny accidental reduction of £368 which would remain as an apology, that has gone too.

The new balance is now £1427.17 and surprise surprise there is no letter breaking down the charges or explaining how they came to these figures as promised :-x