RaeUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi doktorjohn,

Hopefully, by the time you are moved to ESA, the powers that be might have tweaked the system to make it work a bit better! I'm guessing there must be quite a few disabled people who are booted off ESA but can't go on JSA. As that seems to be the only two options we have then it's just a case of packing away your dignity and hopping back on the carousel...

Best wishes

Rae.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about all this "You cannot claim ESA again for 6 months"?

Would you then have to have a new disability in order to claim ESA again? Or are they just blowing smoke again?

DJ

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

I believe that is correct - I'm sure someone will confirm / amend accordingly. There are a couple of things in my favour. Firstly, I believe the six month clock starts ticking from when ESA is deemed to have stopped. In my case that would be end of July last year, eight months ago. Secondly, I believe you can reapply if your disability / illness is worse than when you were booted off (or first applied, I don't know which). One positive thing - in a weird way - of having a progressive disease is that it's always going to progress!

That is all simply my understanding and I'll be on the phone to the DWP on Monday...

Best wishes

Rae

Edited by RaeUK

This really is bad news and not right at all, I haven't been on for a few days and was really hoping for some good news on your thread Rae.

So where does this leave you, presumably on JSA? How on earth someone with your problems can be expected to work?

With things like this going on there is no wonder that our wonderfull chancellor could announce millions of pounds of savings in benefit payments this year!

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

That's the problem, Simon, I'm not eligible for JSA. In the first instance I can't work for forty hours. And in the second instance I remain signed off as unfit for work. I have a meeting with my GP wednesday evening and I'm sure I know what her response will be! Therefore all I can do is reapply for ESA...

Best wishes

Rae

Hello again Rae. I think you're coping superbly with this, but you shouldn't have to in a logical world. I just can't see the reasoning and agree with Simon's points.

A good friend of mine's brother is stuck in the same bind as you and some others on the forum, declared fit by the wonderful 'people' at Atos and not wanted by the JSA lot. It's unbelievable, but I suppose they need to finance the MPs' gilt-edged pension scheme somehow...

My best to you Rae and anyone else caught in the same pincer movement.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi honeybee, it is a strange catch22 the intelligensia at the DWP have created. I believe I'll be able to reapply for ESA - will find out for certain on Monday - but if, for some reason, I can't then that puts me in a very difficult position. I can't go on JSA as it would be very detrimental to my health. But then, I believe, I will have no benefits at all. Initially, that will leave me with little food and no electricity at all. Shortly thereafter I would be evicted as unable to pay my rent. And should that occur, than I hope our elected executioners feel pleased that they would have killed off another one of those disabled pests...

I'm still smiling 'though! :)

Best wishes

Rae

Thanks, rightsforme, it is a strange crazy place that I find myself in. But, lets be positive, all the better to highlight it from!

I have sent a message to my MP tonight but I have to confess to becoming quite cynical now. I'm beginning to doubt whether anyone - of any party - really cares anymore.

I have called this system bureaucratic euthanasia. I'm begining to see that I wasn't far wrong.

To be frank, I embrace my disease wholeheartedly. I never did fancy growing old! I don't share mankinds bizarre desire to live ever longer. Another ten years or so will do me just fine.

But what does bother me is that I am not an isolated case. I wish I was. But there has to be many thousands of people who are disabled or seriously ill, being judged as fit for work by 'doctors' long past their sell by date and being pushed into potentially fatal activities. Simply because the system in place cannot differentiate between the malingerer and the genuinely needy.

I'd love to say vote for 'x' in the election but no party seems to be addressing this.

What on earth can I say? Hello! We're human beings too...

Best wishes

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK

Thanks, rightsforme, it is a strange crazy place that I find myself in. But, lets be positive, all the better to highlight it from!

I have sent a message to my MP tonight but I have to confess to becoming quite cynical now. I'm beginning to doubt whether anyone - of any party - really cares anymore.

I have called this system bureaucratic euthanasia. I'm begining to see that I wasn't far wrong.

To be frank, I embrace my disease wholeheartedly. I never did fancy growing old! I don't share mankinds bizarre desire to live ever longer. Another ten years or so will do me just fine.

But what does bother me is that I am not an isolated case. I wish I was. But there has to be many thousands of people who are disabled or seriously ill, being judged as fit for work by 'doctors' long past their sell by date and being pushed into potentially fatal activities. Simply because the system in place cannot differentiate between the malingerer and the genuinely needy.

I'd love to say vote for 'x' in the election but no party seems to be addressing this.

What on earth can I say? Hello! We're human beings too...

Best wishes

Rae.

Rea,

What about getting the papers involved national or local with you case and it might incourage others do the same, it's time to knock the lid off this scandal.

I got a year left on IS not looking foreward to all the crap i might get yet.

keep us posted on what your gonna do. (Best of luck):wink:

LIBRO.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Hi LIBRO and Rae, how are you? Rae is probably asleep, if she was posting at 4.30 this morning.

While she's not here, do you have any experience of involving the press yourself? i was a pro photographer i only used to email the pics to them and they do the rest LIBRO [i don't.]

My best, HB

HI HB,

He's asleep i think toooo. we all must come up with a idea that will work.

see my other thread i posted you might alredy have but here goe's.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/251610-calling-all-disabled-people.html

Come on people.

LIBRO

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

[Rae gives a lazy yawn and stretches contentedly]

'Morning' all.

The clocks going forward didn't help my nocturnal nature...

Thankyou for your words of support and encouragement. It helps far more than you can imagine.

I've gone through disappointment, despair, confusion and anger. Not bad for 48 hours.

I'm beginning to appreciate that someone is going to have to try and galvanise publicity on this issue. If it ends up being me then it will be one more amusing twist in my wonderful life.

Over the years I have steadfastly turned down theatres who were interested in my writing. I have turned down a personal request from the then head of radio four drama. I have avoided anything that might have placed me in the public gaze. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. But I do know many an amateur writer would like to hang me from the rooftop for the opportunities that I've snubbed.

So perhaps I shouldn't be surprised to see the fates conspiring once more to prod me in the back. And I can't think of a better cause than The Disabled In An Uncaring Country.

As I look around, you'd be surprised how many people are in my social circle. My lodger and good friend is a former fleetstreet journalist and magazine editor. As are his friends. His son and daughter-in-law are both journalists and editors. And so are their friends, who also include film producers, tv personalities, authors and the like.

I guess I have a chance of bringing this issue to light.

I'll be back later tonight and, if you all stand with me, maybe we can get somewhere...

Best wishes

Rae xx

Edited by RaeUK

Rae.

Lets go for it, here's waiting on you..

LIBRO.

i would stand by you all the way,i think the way the way sick and disabled are treated by the goverment,dwp and esp atos is disgusting.the atos medicals are so harsh,and its really bad when your own gp/consultant/and other medical professionals opinions are not even acknowledged.i have wrote to my mp but dont seem to have had much joy there,

i would stand by you all the way,i think the way the way sick and disabled are treated by the goverment,dwp and esp atos is disgusting.I AGREE the atos medicals are so harsh,and its really bad when your own gp/consultant/and other medical professionals opinions are not even acknowledged. IT'S THE GOVERMENT THERE A LAW TO THEMSELFS i have wrote to my mp WAST OF TIME but dont seem to have had much joy there,

ee-bee,

Nothing new there.

LIBRO

Thankyou both. At the moment, I suspect MPs won't be particularly minded to be helpfull. They will if we galvanise support and begin to court publicity.

I'll sit down tonight with my lodger and start to draft out a campaign and list of contacts.

I'll also see about setting up a Facebook page devoted to it and work on my personal website.

If those of us who are able to stand together, do so, then we represent not only ourselves but the many more unable to actively join the cause.

Best wishes

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
Come join my revolution! :)

Well, that's the facebook group page done. It's a little bare at the moment but do join if you can...

I've called the campaign:

Give It Back! - give dignity back to the disabled and seriously ill.

Best wishes

Rae

kelcou can you post a link to the page TY

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Unfortunately, any attempt to do that just takes you to the facebook log-in page.

If you're not a member, do join. If you are then a search of groups using the campaign name should locate it. When you join it will then be automatically added to your info page...

Hope that helps!

Best wishes

Rae.

ok thanks

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Well, that's the facebook group page done. It's a little bare at the moment but do join if you can...

I've called the campaign:

Give It Back! - give dignity back to the disabled and seriously ill.

Best wishes

Rae

Rae

With you on facebook i think its not gonna be easy on there time will tell.

LIBRO

Rae

With you on facebook i think its not gonna be easy on there time will tell.

LIBRO

It's a start. The trick with facebook is that you need to work it which I'll be doing over the next few days...

Best wishes

Rae