Phone/bband farce ends in Sky slamms phone line(finally admitted) **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well well, at one minute to midnight on friday I was so upset as you can read feeling tesco/sky ping pong was getting me down. I said and my famous words were maybe I should just dump it and use a mobile.

Well I should have kept my gob shut as one second past midnight approached the line both phone and broadband went dead:( That certainly shut me up;) Felt like I had lost a leg as wasnt expecting it, then though calm down maybe sky have overcome the problem of taking me over and it will soon come back on.

Two am, not on, four am, couldnt sleep, oopps this wasnt looking good. Eventually falling asleep so woke up at 6am and nope the line was as dead as a dodo.

Called sky saturday morning as worried and luckily had some mobile credit and they hadnt got a clue, said it wasnt them and contacted openreach who again apparantly said it was tesco adn nowt to do with them. After they offered an emergency engineer when the last take over failed and didnt send one I didnt bother asking and anyhow as tesco was still my provider I rang them.

They tesco, said they hadnt put a stop on my line at all adn hadnt got a clue, so rang openreach as well and was told there was a disconnection on my line and there was a fault at the exchange. Must admit disconnection and fault didnt mean to me at the time anything other than someone has obviously disconnected me and I asked who and was told it could jsut be an error as in engineer might be working on house nearby and accidently knocked mine, fair enough I thought adn they prommised to get right on it with engineer and promptly as welfare issue with alarm.

First engineer needed it refering to another more senior engineer apparantly and they would do it as soon as possible. To be fair the lady at tesco rang as promised every few hours to let me know the progress and then rang before she finished work even to let me know I would be called by a colleague later in the night to let me know what was happenening. I must say I became distressed when that call did not come and hit the wine, dont normally drink too much, but needed to sleep and know a couple of glasses is enough to knock me out and to be honest its a good excuse to use up a nice wine:D

Anyhow following morning up early and line still dead, decide not to get upset and just get on with the washing and at 9am got a knock on the door. Tesco had took the trouble to send an emergency engineer out on a sunday and apparantly thats difficult to do as the man was way out of his area. Was told the line is definately disconnected and he put device on line to find our line at the exchange.

This took quite some time and when he returned he said there had been a major problem, I had been disconnected but there was also a problem as said as in my line for some reason had lost its mapping. Anotherwords when dial tone reappeared on phone it wouldnt let us ring out as would say line disconnected not in use and he persevered and found out there was a llu llu (loo loo) problem and after some more time he liased for openreach to remap my line as in find it I suppose:D

Broadband and phone working again thanks to the engineer and 3 and a half hours of work, and I asked who had switched me off and it looks like when sky attempted to take me over with their non confirmed date, inevitably my provider stopped the line their end and because of the loo loo issue the takeover failed but killed my line.

So you would think after that that sky would have wanted to look into it as in why it failed and at least made sure my provider hadnt cut me off as a result.

Tesco didnt know they had cut me off, but I suppose its all doen automatically but coincidently the mapping was a serious fault which probably in my view was the reason sky couldnt take me over. So I think that when took over by tesco something happened at the exchange, but anyhow it doesnt matter and I am not a techy person so dont know who did what anyhow can only summise using what little comone sence I have;)

Right so tesco did the main thing and bothered to send an engineer out to my house, I thought as sky didnt and the problem did arrise in sky taking me over the to ask tesco for help. Sky now say they cant take over the line till 23/07 even though taking the payment off me for reinstating the line on the 10/06 and saying it woud take a couple of weeks. I asked tesco that if they could resolve the internet problem, not worrying about the xbox as solved with large ethernet cable anyhow, then I could consider staying with them and stopping sky taking me over.

I worried that on the 23/07 if sky failed again then my line might get cut again and pointlessly, so asked them for a new router which could start the process off from scratch, the broadban is on so it wouldnt take long to register the new router and password and then the last problem of the password not being recodnised could be solved.

They said yes they would be happy to send a new router, the gent gave me his name and told me when it arrives in couple of days I could ring and go through the procedure with them if wanted, fair enough.

Thing is as much as I have been upset, you cant beat their help on the technical side, they patiently go through what would take me a while to do on my own.

So hopefully after all this and even though the line went dead and I was stressed to hell for 36 hours, that it might possibly have a happy ending and that will be I STAY WITH TESCO AFTER ALL:D

So we will wait and see and I said if works fine I would be happy to reinstate the contract as of the router works with password.

Feel sort of maybe I have gone on a bit, yes I am a drama queen, but I do think I was out of my depth here totally. The exhausting bit was the ping pong between provider and new provider. Sky didnt want to know really and jsut kept saying you have to take it up with tesco, they didnt seem to appreciate that the problem was caused recently by them failing to take me over. Surely it wouldnt havea hurt them their end to send the engineer out when the second take over attempt failed. They would have found the mapping problem adn the loo loo issue. Tesco did the other day suggest it could be a loo loo (LLU LLU) issue whatever that means;) so they obviulsy were more on the ball than sky and I although upset appreciate why the line died though there was an agreement with them not to cut the line till I gave a confirmed take over date, but I suppose thats neither here and there now and doesnt really matter.

What Ive learnt:

Wine helps me sleep:D

I wouldnt make a good telecom engineer:D

Considering how confused I get, good technical help is what counts, and that means tesco after all:D

Dont get so offended even if missold, alright they didnt do it on purpose both bt and tesco and, be all and end all the alarm is working anyhow

destress because as long as the internet is okay in a few days time with password I will stay with tesco and it was a lot of stress, I feel anyone could understand a little, and if it doesnt work then well sky can try to take me over properly this time. But hopefully shouldnt come to that anyhow:D

Even if peed off, dont tempt fate, opening gob saying I will just do without as too stressful to sort, as a gremlin out there cut my line.:D(Not good for paranoid person:))

Now as Ive calmed down, who wants to lay bets that if I say to sky stop the takeover and refund my fee as gone on too long, that they will accept it refund my money and the line will go off on 23//07 anyhow;)

I will throttle them(not really) but at least will nag sky to sort it out. Just being prepared.

The previous title of this was dont know wether to laugh or cry, well now I am laughing again with relief.

Lets see what happens and hopefully to be fair to tesco I will change the title to line change nightmare rather than tesco in title as if they sort it, thats what counts xxxxxxx:D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS broadband (ADSL) but has two things against it. It is pushing the technology faster that in can (easily) go, bringing with it a fresh set of problems. There awe alarms using GSM to release your phone line but these can be expensive, and are dependent on you having a decent network coverage in the first place.

If safety is an issue, it would be silly to be reckless simply to get broadband, but in the end only you can make the decision!

Yep your right:D I was just tired with it, when line went off, felt like my leg was cut off, especially as was on internet when went dead, funny really now:D

ps. Dont worry sky, still keeping the tv package, I am too addicted to quest and dmax now;) Will be ringing you in a few days hopefully when broadband problem fixed to say can I have a refund on my 39.00 please, I think youve had enough chance to find whats wrong your end also. :mad:

Isn't Quest on Freeview?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Isn't Quest on Freeview?

I didnt know that;):)

Sky going to have to be nice to me to stay then, they promised half price telly for six months because of the hastle and then also six months half price line rental on no line:cool:

I want my six months half price or bye bye sky then, they came back to me to point out my town was not in ireland, dope I even new that:D Offer applies to Ireland. So pretend I am in Ireland then I said:eek:

I want my six months offer adn my fee back and I will still see dear old quest and dmax as on freeview after all xxxx Mind you sorry would be nice also;)

I now see what happened to me over last month as computer says no xx

Ringing sky to ask after my conversation with me on wed/thur that I got cut off on friday/sat, on the basis that they shoul have investigated the problem with as they put it emergency engineer at the end of the previous week. They didnt get the engineer and therefore when they again attempted to take me over for the third time, tesco thought they were able to cut me off as should have then been with sky. I wanted to know especially what they were doing as I had not once been given confirmation email of changeover date which meant they were playing ping pong with the problem and again to 23/7 not willing to investigate what happened other than blame tesco.

Refund of 39.00 being requested to supervisor as I type and Ive asked for my ten pound payg credit back;) also that they liase with tv side to cancel contract at no penalty to me, due to both tv and phone dealing with this and letting me down,lets see, also put it in writing that they will not try to take me over on 23/7 just in case as made it clear enough cancelling.

To be honest decided if tesco still have problem then will return to bt and pay the old price or hopefully anytime at least.

Edited by loopinlouie

Well the woman I spoke to at sky talk couldnt have been nicer if she tried. Straight away recrediting my account with the 39.00:D

Putting a note on my account of canceling the tv/phone/broadband request made within the 30 days, and told me to write in also, as especially with tv I had warned them if not sorted I would need to cancel all including tv. Been told regarding my 10.00 to write in and cancel and at same time bring up the issue of it.

Lovely woman and the type of rep who you would want, told me when they also said the broadband would be activated three days after the phone line went on and broadband router sent asap, that that is not the case( I add my error there, the router would have been sent in three days for activation within two weeks, got confused) , it would have took another two week for it to be set up once the line went active. So 23.7 plus at least another 14 days :(

I did add the ping pong between providers was not fair with them knowing I would again ring tesco and blame them on the information from sky. Just think it again a case of computer says no and they need to learn to look more into things as in send engineer when problem repeating with work mandate or repair any fault and could take over at same time, less hastle, makes me wonder what was said between sky and openreach. Was the real truth that the order had been forgotton about, they did mention a job robot dropping the order.

So just as well they didnt take over, I would have again been without broadband.

She felt the sales people after what I said and I mentioned the other thread where the fee of 39.00 was not mentioned for not having bt line and the fact if put another customer off and she said it obviously is not being addressed, fair enough they at least told me what they wanted to hear this time:D and seem to be acting on it.

I cant do anymore than that and will cancel later on officially in writing

The did confirm I had been patient enough and had a giggle at the

offer of a discount suggested to me being withdrawn as not living in Ireland:D

Just waiting for new router from tesco now and should be sorted. I do think I have a tattoo on my head inviting hastle though:D Choose this one she will give you a laugh. I know this thread goes on a bit, but it helped me keep referenced to what was said when, which is good when have memory of a pea xx

Removing tesco from thread title, as looks like they might be my savours in the end despite the hastle, which turned out to be less than sky. Will see if broadband works soon and if does know alarm will work and then reinstate any contract or return back to bt with tail between my legs as last resort xxxxxx

Take the bit back about the sky woman being lovely, as you will read further down, she didnt cancel me. I according to sky are still with them!!!!!!! They then said they have two computer systmes and needed to check the other as might say different, hell.

Edited by loopinlouie

Sky knowing why I cancelled the direct debit after cutting me off due to their failed take over, today sent me a letter stating charging four pounds extra for issuing invoices as not paid. I decided as not heard about tv disocount for the hastle as promised to email my cancellation in.

Phone rang would you believe not from cancellation but from a woman guising as from customer services dept and as I was a valued customer they wanted to see how I was getting on:roll:

I asked her had she read the email and then admitted the knew I was trying to cancel and the first thing she said was outside cancellation period and I said are you kidding with me, have you read the file. To which she said the email had been passed to them and despite it being clear, she asked what was the problem:mad:

So had to go through it all again with her adn she was not willing to accept sky made a mistake even. When I persited she said well companies dont like to admit fault. I said its not a matter of someone wanting to rubbish sky or try and get them in trouble in any way, but one of respect, it they have boo bood as they say, just sort it out with the least inconvinience to your customer, to which it went along the lines of well you were stil tescos cutomer. They didnt in any way want to appreciate the stress involved when a company fluffs so badly and doesnt want to help.

I asked the engineer on sunday if for instance sky had sent you and given you ther job of finding fault and inserting sky for me on the exchange could you have done it?

He said yes. But obviously for me could only reinstate the line as tescos had requested them to do that. I thanked him and said I was only guessing a scenario as if if sky had bothered they could have sorted it out.

This woman listened and said well yes but you were with tesco and I again persisted and said it was sky messing about and you not persuing the issue with openreach your end who were acting on your behalf to look into it further, instead openreach on behalf of tesco acted and found it.

I said if your company gave a damm or cared, they could have acted knowing I was disconnected and sorted it out as they the previous week had promised and emergency engineer which didnt happen. She said they had no record of such an engineer and I said obviously sky were therefore just fobbing me off repeatedly, leaving me vulnreable to the line going dead once tesco thought I was with sky. Apparantly computer informs old provider of take over, so its not too hard to guess something happened.

Skys staff tell you they will ring you up and dont and it makes it worse as people trust you I said. I said sky were quick on blaming tesco and when I said I had recorded the calls they said they didnt want to aportion blame, yeh bet they didnt. She told me the half price telly had been activated but they didnt ring me to let me know that I said and for some reason they have not discounted the hd fee. I asked for the ten pounds mobile spend and she said she would need to speak to manager, how many need to speak to their managers I asked, it was skys fault and I definately picked up a reluctance to admit any fault, so said if the manager does not contact me my email to cancel you now say you have received should be acted on.

I asked her to appreciate what stress can do to people and then the conversation carried on with here telling me it took at least two weeks for a line to activate and was too soon to be processed. I pointed out to check when the order was placed as I paid the money on the 10 june and that confirmed to me what I suspected, they had messed up the original order, they must have other wise why say I had to expect to wait two weeks, we are in the middle of july for goodness sake.

I feel sky insult people by not straight away refering to any cancellation which especially with what I typed would indicate fed up with them. To say ringing as valued customer to find out how I am getting on, made me want to heave honestly. What did she want to hear everythings rosey?

So if they dont apologise I am going to remove the sky box as they will collect it and insist they replace the old box and viewing card for freeview. I got a call today when raising the complaint to tell me they were giving me free telly till sorted as my direct debit was cancelled adn I thought great, that should speed them up. This woman said not true, no free telly adn the package is marked as half price apart from the hd.

So waiting for the call and I need to decide wether to accept what they say as in sorry and compensation or to cancel, thats I suppose up to me to end the saga. She added it soundes as if I had been very unlucky, I agreed with her, but refrained from saying in that I came accross sky.

Its up to them, but told them if taking equipment back they need to put my house back in the state it was prior to installation, their engineer didnt even fill in the gaps with putty or whatever in the wall.

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND, ITS UP TO THEM:grin:

Edited by loopinlouie

WOOPEE:-D NEW ROUTER WORKS AND ACCEPTS ITS PASSWORD:-D

I knew it wasnt me going mad and had a nagging feeling it must be the router if wont accept its own password for longer than few seconds and then turn off over and over. :-D

They were going to ring me at ten to help me go through the steps, havnt yet but I presume there just running a little late. So couldnt wait and though look its not me, its not hard to imput a bleeding code;) and it worked,yippee and more so its not turned off:p

I know they will ring me as they will want me of course to resign up to the contract term now working, as both phone and broadband working, so I know they will ring:-D:-D

But be all and end all thanks tescos we may have had a hiccup of a start but your the goodguys now in my book xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sky, well I will try and not grit my teeth when I think of them:rolleyes::rolleyes: Still waiting for sky manager to call and I will put them on notice, if they accidently try to take me over still on 23/7 I will make their life hell. After all they dont seem to be able to seperate their ar** from their elbow.

LL is a happy bunny again.

Rang tesco and reinstating direct debit xx

Edited by loopinlouie

So I finally get the contact via email from sky. The manager confirms my sky talk and line is not cancelled:mad: and have to confirm to him my request:eek::mad:

Adds that the delay was due to problems taking over my phone number and he finds it unlkely that sky was the reason for my line being disconected for 36 hours. He adds that my order was not completed yet as in the takeover. Yep I know that:rolleyes: duh...

Tells me they may look at discretionary payment, well deal with it, I think youve had enough time to look:eek:

Put them on notice if dont reply then my cancellation of tv stands and repeated to put it quickly, dont bleeding dare take me over now.

Considering Ive just checked my account and confirmed the line fee of 39.00 has reapeard then how would he think my sky talk line would still be on the cards. Surely that proves my request some days ago to cancel it. So think are their computer carp, do they take days to udate or is it a case of again a person reads file, thinks it must be tesco just because someone has written it previoulsy, or was the engineer here on sunday wrong?

I tend to believe the engineer some how :)

He added he would be glad to help me set up the sky broadband:eek: Are they thick? Why on this earth would I go with them for the broadband now especially when made it CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR I am staying with my present supplier.

I get the impression they want to shut me up without really meaning sorry and they dont intend to learn by their mistakes. Get the impression that they are thick, I mean what else can it be, incompetance, surely not!!!

Edited by loopinlouie

JUST THIS MINUTE HAD A TEXT TO MY MOBILE FROM SKY, ARE YOU READY, JUST TO LET ME KNOW THAT WHEN SKY TAKE OVER MY LINE MY NUMBER WILL BE: AND LISTS MY NUMBER I HAVE.

SO THE GETS ARE STILL TRYING TO TAKE ME OVER.

THERE COMPUTER MAY SAY NO TO THEM BUT I KNOW ONE THING I CERTAINLY AM AND HAVE PUT THEM ON NOTICE THAT IF THEY TAKE ME OVER I WILL CONSIDER IT SLAMMING:mad::mad::mad::mad:

FUMING, STEAMING HENCE THE CAPITALS AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH:rolleyes:

On a more positive note tescos have just rung, took the trouble to check everything is still fine and have they my permission to close the fault and of course I happily said yes.

Now when I had problems at the beginning and was starting to tire they have explained they have to go through all it can be before an engineer is called, it is last resort obviously. I decided due to confusion over alarm it was best with them also that best to leave, but I did say their customer services and techy team were great and I was sad to leave that side of their help. However funny enough due to take over issues and line going dead tescos were able to sort all out at the same time, job well done xx

WELL I DONT HAVE TO NOW as long as sky can keep their grubby paws off my phone line;)

Yep sky talk still think I am with them, goodness help me.

They are trying to liase with executive office customer services person to get it sorted. I said they need to liase with openreach as I can see what is going to happen, I mean not rocket science is it, they are going to take me over I know it and I bet soon:mad:

Told the man as he records calls I put them of notice that if they take me over I will sue for harassment distress and slamming complaint on way to whoever necessary.

He then got funny about me saying the call was being recorded. I asked him to quote what part of law said I coudlnt, he couldnt quote it. I also reminded him I have told previous reps I record calls and if thye havnt noted it its their problem.

He sounded confused and said didnt know what law but knew something had to be quoted prior to all conversations and I must admit I politely ranted about what I understood of the law, which was more than he obvously did.

I notice they had forgot the issue of the problem in hand, so I suggested he got onto executive office to find the quote of such a law and that they should only be worried if they blame other companies or dont put what said to me on record of account as in where was the bleeding engineer, not on file according to them.

I AM SO ANGRY you might have gathered:grin: xxxxx

Oh and jsut to add told they have two computer systems, one might say different to each other. What the hell is that all about, sily or what, so another words what reply you get depends on what system the dept is using, so anotherwords in loop louie speak, they could be telling you carp.

Of course sky are welcome to comment on that, becaue I am fast losing my hair and i am not kidding its falling out due to stress. It did the same a while ago and low and behold its started again.

Sky to make your customers happy do you end up giving them free syrup and figs?

Decided I will go to the doctors monday and tell them I have gone down hill and want to try medication again. I cant pull out of the stress as it wont go away. I mean anybody would be worn out by this, but I have told sky I am epileptic and that stress can be enough to trigger one and they dont seem to want to help me. Just when you are trying to think a little more positive a bleeding text arrived like earlier and I cannot swicth off.

ARE YOU LISTENING SKY, I AM NOT EATING APART FROM CHOCOLATE BARS FOR THE SUGAR WHEN I REALSIE I HAVE GONE THE DAY WITH NO FOOD, I AM NOT SLEEPING, IT SEEMS I AM WAITING FOR THE PHONE TO CONSTANTLY RING AND THEY DONT BLEEDING GET BACK LIKE THEY SAY THE WILL.

If I had my choice I would say sky because of the hastle, let me keep the hd box and give me a freeview card, make sure line not taken over and cancel the tv package and leave me alone. PLEASE.

So to paraphrase in my experience anyone with mental health problems and lets be honest we all have problems at times, but anyone with diagnosed mental health problems be careful of beliveing what told on the phone froms sky. I am needing to go back on medication. Look anyone understands mistakes happen its how you sort them, do you pretend to sorth them and let person shed hair when then told not sorted or do you really care and sort it out?

Edited by loopinlouie

It is up to sky how this thread ends. Tesco also originally made a mistake, but they sorted it:rolleyes:

Cancel the tv, leave me the box and freeview card adn leave my line alone, before I end up in hospital as a result.

I think my time and distress means I am not asking for too much.

Executive office respoded confirming again I am not being taken over and that I was still listed as order not processed and they have again reiterated no error on their part.

They find it acceptable then I feel to let someone like me have to do all the chasing. They find it acceptable for their staff to give one date after another of when the line is going over to not respond other when doesnt happen other than another company is the problem.

I put it to them the other company says it is not them but the taking over company, you insist it is them. Why am I even in this predicament, and it doesnt take much to guess that sky didnt do what they promised as in the order not fully processed. For whatever reason why didnt sky give me updates, they left it all to me and I now cant cope with talking to them anymore and have decided to insist they turn the telly off and leave me alone.

I feel my mental health is deteriating and chest pain back and therefore need to seek medical help on monday.

Rung sky tv to check cancellation listed on my account and pretty much like sky phone it wasnt listed. I said you need to turn the tv off to freeview and she said not cancelled, so I put them on notice that I wouldnt be paying if they leave it on. Its up to them.

I mean come on you emial the chief executive office and they cant even liase with their own cancellation/customer service team, in that no call back for out of pocket expenses as previoulsy promised so therefore as unhappy with response I have reminded them they were previoulsy put on notice of cancellation so I expect it to go ahead.

What do I have to do, the fan dance xx Its obvous on fluff up on their part in my view and one stressed out customer, does not matter after all they have millions of others. One doesnt count.

Edited by loopinlouie

Thanks for the reply it was just another example of how misinformed their staff are. Like to say this or that as in companies at fault etc and what you can and cant do when recording, but boy of course they are wrong again.

Thing is I can see what is going to happen, they are not gong to liase. They will start to call for non payment. They will pass it to a dca who will against the law be given my number and claim to not know where it came from or sarcastically say they have a right to call me. Then they will threaten court of course adn the dca will not be interested in what happened to me. .They will say they will refer back to sky and put in dispute who will then probably amonth later write threatening again adn when contacted insist sky say there is no dispute.

Now think how right was I that due to the problem not being looked into by openreach on behalf of sky more thouroughly and their repeated take over tries still I said I bet if they dont sort it soon, my line will go dead.

I was right there wasnt I? Wonder who would be interested in this story? Sky arnt.

Edited by loopinlouie

I did of course inform the sky executive office that I am posting here and invited them to read it to assess the stress caused and see from my point of view how this has gone on too long. You are welcome to comment sky xx

Are you there?

I think so;-)

Sky arnt really efficient are they?

A person cancels sky talk on the 12th and then they wonder why she gets upset at receiving text yesterday, when she gets letter confirming take over date on the 23/7, dated 14th received today.

I get the impression cancellation to sky does not mean that to them. A bit like a child not accepting no to wanting some sweeties, they keep persisting till in cases mommy gives in.

Surely any company worth its salt after realy peeing off someone would do what they say and at least accept cancel means stop the HASTLE for the customer.

I also point out SKY, as the text and letter is first received relating to sky talk from you I put it to you that the original order on the 10/6 wasnt properly processed at your end also !!!!!!

Anotherwords you like wasting peoples time or are taking on so many orders you cant cope with any technical issues on changeover. If you again refer to bt, well then I add, they are acting on your behalf and working for you as you are paying them. Therefore you are responsible for any issues raised by me. NOT TESCO

FOBBING PEOPLE OFF STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Tv still on, I consider it free then :)

Edited by loopinlouie

Oh my giddy aunt:p Ha Ha Ha

Just realised these twits have sent me another text: We are waiting for your current provider to confirm phone number transter, this may take about two weeks. We will keep you updated:confused:

Firstly forgive me the obvious they shouldnt be now texting me.

Secondly suppose I was still putting up with the gets, okay they told me they were deffo taking over on the 23rd/7. HHhhm they arnt good at maths are they, text two received yesterday afternoon plus 14 days is 30th July;)

So imagine person like me on 23/7 thinking okay today is dday as been wiaiting since 10/6 remember to find oops refer to sneaky text saying could be up to 30/6.

Hahahhahahaha. Mickey mouse or what?

Thats obvoulsy optomistic of sky as they wouldnt have even looked into why the other take overs failed. Or did they actually occur?

Du du du du, or was it I was FOBBED OFF and there was no real problem regarding the take over, the only problem was my line was cut on the same day coincidently that sky said they were taking me over.

Lots of coincidences......Thing is sky told me they were trying to take me over on that day and the line goes dead. I believe they did try but for some reason cant believe the previous two. I think they didnt even raise the order till later or why only now receive these texts.....

Bet it would be interesting to read the communication with sky and openreach wouldnt it?

Thats some delay sky, not really doing very well are you for the customer, but then one doesnt count does it 1+!+!+!+!+!+!+!+!+!+!+!+ is a lot of peed of people.

As it is I am not with them, funny you have to leave them to get the texts about the take over. Was some spotty oike being hurried on, do something or a customer is deffo leaving this time. I mean shes only been waiting weeks and weeks. Is there a peed off level unaceptable to us but average for them as in,

boiling point: fobb off

Eruption: get some silly woman to ring and say how valuable a customer she is, but dont mention cancellation that should appease her.

Lava flow: Well we didnt want her as a customer anyhow so pee her off by processing her order;):D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p

Got to LAUGH so also now just received my another letter dated 14/7: A big welcome to sky:) Oh thats nice of them. So didnt I count prior so thats 10/8 till 14/7 of not existing maybe?

Also confimring take over of 23/7 deffo oooooooh, but hang on the text says two weeks 30/7, hhmmmm, comedians.

So who is this robot who apparantly according to their people dropped the order adn why out of courtesy didnt they ring me or even text little old me to update me, if they gave a ***T. No they left me and after trawling a few sites I have come to the conclusion I am not the only one unhappy with sky customer service or the lack of it. There are obviulsy also a lot of happy people but what counts is when it goes wrong it seems to go in my opinion VERY WRONG :(

SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THEM TO TURN OFF THE TELLY AND DUE TO MESSING ME ABOUT LEAVE ME ALONE, A STRIP TEASE MAYBE OUTSIDE THEIR HEAD OFFICE, NOT A PLEASANT SITE SKY I WARN YOU, I AM BEING HONEST NOT MUCH TO LOOK AT APART FROM FAT, A BIT LIKE YOUR TREATMENT OF ME, NOT MUCH TO LOOK AT BUT FAT.

Edited by loopinlouie

Well after reading my previous post I realise how near the edge I was as was just so so tired of it. Calmed down now;)

Received email confirming both tv and line etc has been cancelled adn that they were sad I had decided to leave and at my request removed my phone number.

I just found it very insulting how you would be promised a call back and then it wouldnt happen. How when saying they would look into refunding my 10.00 mobile costs due to how long desperate hanging on the phone waiting to get through to sky when my line was cut to only be refered to tesco, that they didnt even return the call as promised to let you know yeh or neh, even if they were still not recodnising something serious went wrong. How when I was desperate for help, why they refused to look at even calling me back knowing I had run out of credit nearly, that would have helped. Tesco had no issue calling me on this occassion and sky previously on their tv side had refered to an engineer and it didnt happen.

Found it insulting that a person could make apayment promptly on the 10/6 adn do all requested her end to find she is allowed to just hang on with no updates. When not received any communication regarding the line and chase it up you are told this and that and told later on that non of it is to be taken seriously till get official email and text.

So anotherwords I was being just told what they thought I wanted to hear.

What I really wanted to hear was they if found an issue were looking into it, I would have carried on being patient. They should have told openreach to solve the issue as no doubt they are paying for a service from them also. But looking into it has to mean they are looking into it and that could be proved by simple feed back to me.

I wouldnt have felt the need to keep ringing as only went on what they told me. I wouldnt have had to keep pestering tesco.

Open reach engineer would have been at skys request capable of solving any fault and changing me over at same time, but and the big but said was the job had to be ordered.

Tesco did that adn to be fair to them I stayed their customer.

Say as I am not techy the fault existed on the exchange right, say sky are taking me over and an issue is raised right, should tesco sort it or sky as they are taking me over. I would have thought it would be sky via openreach would get the line working. Say;)the fault was tesco and that they were duty bound to sort it for my switch over to sky, surely opnereach would still be the fixers, but sky on my behalf would have done the chasing, wanting to get their new customer asap. New customer ping pong should be frowned on.

So whoever was to blame, it doesnt matter really. I am not employed by either tesco or sky and therefore should not have had the stress capable of making me ill.

As it is I could for those who are techy, be talking a load of carp in my comments above, it just seems common sence thats all.

Lets hope thats the end of it xx