Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As in from whom? A creditor/dca to you? or vice versa?

Hi

It's all in the tread, but basically i had a IVA and included in that was a Egg credit card. It was defaulted on 25/04/04 and dropped off my credit report this year. They then changed the deault date to 2007 and relisted it on my Experian report. I managed to get Experian to remove it and they then listed it on Callcredit (which it still is). I sent them a letter asking them to remove the default as it was breaking the Data Protection Act, and they have now listed it on Equifax.

So as it stands i now have the default listed on Callcredit & Equifax with the default date changed from 25/04/04 to 2007. I have reported it to Callcredit and Equifax.

I want to send a letter to Egg telling them if they do not remove the default from my credit files i will take the to court for being in breach of the Data Protection Act.

For the record Egg have recently done exactly the same to me as in my default dropped off a few months ago on one of the CRA's...only to reappear a few months later with a new balance and default date.

I haven't as yet complained to the cra or the data commissionr but I will..

I've downloaded my credit reports, just in case.

Edited by Deb T

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I can't see how the CRA's can (well I can cos they're a CRA and apparently they're not responsilble etc...

I guess you have no history with the other credit ref's etc...I suspect I'll be down your route shortly....

But with Experian the credit file we see is limited but when I spoke to them I asked for account numbers on egg from the report I generated in 2009 and now the new one in 2010...the account number was the same, experian could see the two dates...and thus the problem...I didn't press them to remove it or speak to egg, it can stay on the back burner for a while. I do have the benefit of the original default notice/termination letter and the default date is clearly shown etc...not that it corresponds exactly to the date it was first put onto my file but it's close.

I can't help you with drafting a letter, you could always ask that this thread be placed in the Egg forum where you may after a while gain the response you require?

I guess the only other way to establish the problem and to help date/prove file manipulation is to subject each of the CRA's that have not listened to you, contained within the file should be the proof you require to nail egg to the wall.

Nice One :)

All in decent time frame too!

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

:):) Default now removed from all credit refrence agencies

Thanks for all the help

I'm curious as to how you did this so quick, as in just days to get them removed?

Was there a particular method you used or a letter you sent or a dept you contacted?

I've been speaking with Experian over the last few days and they've said the usual that they have to contact egg and see whats what etc.

You seem to have gotten all your dodgy defaults removed within a matter of days etc?

Send somrthing along these lines to Data protection deparnmentat Egg registerd post.

Date Your Address

Name:

Ref: Credit Card Default

Start Date:

Default Date

Default Address:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I write in relation to the above account which was part of an IVA which started in April 2004. The default date of the credit card is as stated above and I have enclosed a copy of my credit report from last September which clearly shows that to be the case. I checked my credit report on the 08/05/10 and the default had been removed from my credit reports with the credit reference agencies (I can view all of these online) as is the case with all defaults which are 6 years old. Imagine my surprise when I then again check my credit reports on 19/05/10 to find the above account has been replaced back on my credit reports with the default date changed to 26/07/2006 ( copy of credit report dated 19/05/10 enclosed).

I look forward to your reply explaining how this can happen twice in less than a month and the measures that will be taken to make sure this is removed from all my credit reports forever.

This as I’m sure you are aware is illegal. I am now seeking Legal advice to start legal proceedings against you for breach of the Data Protection Act (incorrect recording of data) and hold you liable for all costs incurred. I will also be seeking damages for the incorrect data being placed on my credit report, not once but twice.

Yours Sincerely

I also lodged online disputes with all the credit agencies.

I've sent them similar and am awaiting their response, their last effort was to tell me they'd contacted Egg with a view to getting an explanation. I've put them on notice of their obligations under the data protection act 1998 but it's been a week and no update has been received etc (I was going to wait but decided not to in the end)

I'm not so sure I want to spend money on other CRA subscriptions just to see what Egg have been up to but I guess I'm going to have to.

Thanks for that.

I'm just about to, first one I sent came back returned without a response so I've now detailed the errors and included supporting documents and referred to credit reports that they have stored on my online account (and since dowloaded)

I want to address the letter at a level above that of Customer Services who are complete cak.

Where did you send yours? Egg at Pride Park in the Midlands or their Credit Expert offices at Warrington?

Hi

Yes i did, and still am as i don't trust egg, ill bet they will leave it 3 months and try and put them back again.

But you can just wait untill its removed from Experian and then wait a week and get your credit reports from the other 2 for £2.00 each. All it means is you will not be able to log online disputes, you would have to phone them.

They put it on Callcredit at the same time they removed it from Experian and then placed it on Equifax at the same time they removed it from Callcredit.