Read Before You Start Action!!

cfajones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had an account with Nationwide for about a year and a half after transferring all my direct debits and standing orders for a "better interest deal". Big mistake!!

In that time they took £240 from me in charges for silly things like going overdrawn by a few pound with a direct debit even though I paid cash in the SAME day to cover that bill. They always said that it has to be in your account the night before to count!! :mad: Strange - HSBC have never done that to me.

I got sick and tired of this, so I took advice from this website and wrote to them asking for my money back. They fobbed me off with a standard letter saying that it was in their terms and conditions. I then started legal action and took them to court. (They probably weren't expecting me to do that.) Now the good news - I got all my money back last week, including the £30 fee... and now the bad news! I got a letter today saying: "It is now clear that you are unwilling to conduct your account in accordance with our Flex Account terms and conditions". What a load of rubbish?!? They are closing my account out of spite because I took them to court and won. The full letter can be read here:

http://www.freewebs.com/sizzlingsam01/Nationwide%20Letter.jpg

What I found funny is that are threatening ME with legal action now if I use the account after 22/09/06 :rolleyes:

So be warned, make sure you have another current account to fall back on before you start action. Otherwise you could be in trouble. Thank God I am still with HSBC after 13 loyal years.

Interesting to see the letter. I expect I'll be getting one soon - they acknowledged my claim yesterday.

Nationwide Current a/c - MCOL filed 16/8/06 - Refunded 1/9/06

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

Lloyds TSB CC#2 - Awaiting date of court hearing

Marbles CC - Refunded at LBA stage £100!!!

Citi CC - Date of hearing set at 15/1/07

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Capital One CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full 17/8/06!

Abbey Current a/c - Awaiting date of court hearing

HFC Loan - MCOL filed 25/8/06 - Refunded 8/9/06

It is a standard letter - everyone who has claimed bank charges back has had one of those.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi

I took action against Nationwide and got a couple of eltters warning me they woould close my account but yesterday got a letter saying they have refunded my charges and no mention of closing my account - I have checked my balance and they ghace so far paid my court costs and interest but niot the actual charges so will hopefully get them on Tuesday - just wondering if the letter to close my account is on its way - not really bothered as I have another account elsewhere that I can use

Hi

just wondering if the letter to close my account is on its way

It will be - you'll probably get it next week.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Hello, yep that's what they done to me. I got my refund last week and about a week later I got the letter that you see above. A standard letter it seems, so they're probably prepared for a lot of this type of thing.

"Cutting off their nose to spite their face", very short sighted of them and very "petty". I am sure most folks would have kept their account in the NW were not known to close account.

They would still make good profits from "our" money and also not loose future trade from our kids who will also move banks I guess.....would you recommend them to anyone? My son is not yet 2 so we have control over where his cash is kept.

Very silly NW!!

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Cheeky beggars! I have reached something of a settlement with them, but have got my parachute account ready and in the process of moving d/d and S/o so that I can eventually close this account. It has been nothing but a nuisance from day one.

They sold me on the 'transfer your account to us and you won't have to do a thing'. Hmmm. Apart from cancel the direct debits! I took the 'we'll do everything' at it's word, and ended up with £400 on my former current account as my d/d companies tried to take the d/d from that account. In fairness to Nationwide, they did reimburse the costs of these charges, however, not before the Halifax had served a default notice against me. Not happy at all about it.

Still, hopefully my new bank will give me something to 'smile' about.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, I contacted the court yesterday after reading your first post. I just need to write a letter for them to close the case. Nobody told me this before! :confused:

With all due respect, you made your first post on this forum AFTER you had reclaimed your charges so nobody could tell to cancel your claim. On reading your post it would be assumed that you had done it.

And on the MCOL website in the help section I think it is, it does tell you what you need to do if you receive settlement.

Not being funny but i would've thought it common-sense to cancel! you started the action you got your money, its up to you to cancel it! were we having a little 'blonde' moment?

Dont worry it happens to the best of us!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs