RBS credit card claim won now new claim after sale by OC

hammyhound
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

send em this

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Date:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXXX

This account is in dispute with **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE .

Not only is this a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's debt collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My previous dispute from **DATE** has NOT been answered.

As **original creditor/name of debt collection agency** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act agreementrequest and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...

Eeek.

The court has ordered that I file an amended defence by next week.

My original defence was a short holding defence which I submitted on line.

Where do I start.

Have spent most of the night looking on here.

I have posted up the agreement which they sent with their reply to defence, can't pick holes in it but my signature is not on the first page, it is on the second and obviously it is not a copy of the original. This is the first time I have seen this agreement since I signed it, they didn't send it in reply to my CCA request.

RBSPage1.jpg

RBSPage2.jpg

Do I mention the fact of the screen shot of the DN saying "to be issued" etc in the defence or does that get left for another time.

Any help most appreciated. I cannot believe I have only a week.

HH

Edited by hammyhound

Hi hh,

I can't make out the details on the CCA but I am presuming it is legible and contains the prescribed terms.

You could make Incasso\Cobbets (??) prove that both sides are linked.

Do you have the envelope the DN and the letter came in ?

If so, what class of postage was used?

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes envelope is a normal TNT postage received on 22nd January 2009.

I just dont know where to start with amended defence, I think I will use a defence I have used in the past and just edit it. Cant believe the court have given me until Wednesday to get this in. The order was made at the beginning of November and I get it on Friday.

HH

May I suggest you have a search on the TNT website to see what is says about the postage services offered................I'm sure they'll be similar to UKMail three day services ( deemed 2nd Class service ;) ).

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Thought I was going mad but have sent account in dispute letters to two DCAs who I now know are chasing the same debt - madness.

The same debt has now been passed through 5 DCAs - Apex and Regal Credit are the latest.

Do you think there is a race to see who can get me to crack first!!!

No CCA only terms and conditions sent.

Is this for the pile of s...t pile??? or do I send them a copy of their letter to each other and ask them to fight amongst themselves.

HH

Good idea. Tell them to decide who is going to ask you for payment on the alleged account and once they have decided you won't be paying them any way because there is no proof this alleged debt exists. Send the letters to their complaints department and a copy to the OFT.

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

Madness but unfortunately too common!

Agree with Pinky, I had this once and sent a letter to them both stating that until such time as I was notified who was solely in charge of collecting any debt I would be dealing with none of them.

Much sulking later they sorted it out, I then went on to find they'd got no paperwork at all :p.

Just mindless.

Tesco personal finance only sent me terms and conditions - no agreement, passed to Triton, Wescot and then Apex who despite me sending a bemused letter have passed it to on to H L Legal (same postcode btw).

The bottom of their letter states - we will not enter into any correspondence with you but you should speak to Apex direct with any queries.

I am dumbfounded that anyone in their right mind would certainly not put that in a letter - and certainly not a firm of solicitors - if that's what they want to think they are.

Anyhow totally ignorning it as I certainly will not be entering into any correspondence with them like they said - so when it ends up in court I can say sorry Judge but they didnt want any communication from me.

HH

The bottom of their letter states - we will not enter into any correspondence with you but you should speak to Apex direct with any queries.

I think we are getting to them and they are making mistakes

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 2 months later...

Well my CMC is coming up soon

In the meantime I have received a discount letter from Cobbetts knocking off quite a bit and they suggest I can pay in instalments. They want me to provide income and expenditure. If I dont reply they will apply for Summary Judgment.

Why are they doing this if they are so sure they can win at trial

Dont know what to do really

HH

Well my CMC is coming up soon

In the meantime I have received a discount letter from Cobbetts knocking off quite a bit and they suggest I can pay in installments. They want me to provide income and expenditure. If I dont reply they will apply for Summary Judgment.And you will defend that!!!

Why are they doing this if they are so sure they can win at trial More cost effective to offer the reduced some than proceed to trial or they feel unsure that that they will succeed

Dont know what to do really

Your call Hammy only you know your case and whether you can succeed I personally would call their bluff and proceed

HH

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Default Notice first Hammy then FD.

Regards

andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy,

Only received the DN. The screen shot says FD if poss, didn't receive it. Solicitors says they sent the FD and yet were not formally instructed until 7 months later. Oh well something else to put down for my hearing.

Thanks again

HH

Sounds like they have pointed a fully loaded one at their own ankle, HH. Are you going to let us know who the numpties are?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Incasso then Cobbetts - proper numpties, Incasso said first of all they issued the FD - wrong and then Cobbetts who are the present numpties said they have. Incasso backed out as soon as I sent in the defence, I must admit I haven't got a good defence but what the hell - let's go to court. I have been offered a discount but they can shove it, they know the judge will only order what I can afford.

BTW they sent Nat West terms and conditions when the loan is with RBS but they don't know that yet. Nothing in the terms and conditions relate to my RBS only Nat West loans but I bet their argument will be "well it's the same company really"

Telephone CMC hearing in May so that should be fun, all I have to do is send what I have - which is not a lot.

Will update

HH