RBS credit card claim won now new claim after sale by OC

hammyhound
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter from them yesterday, "as court proceedings have been issued against you we wonder whether you would like to make payment".

Eer nope!!!

Acknowledged on line yesterday - new system with Moneyclaim online - now have to register etc.

Should I still send CP31 and CPR18 or just send CPR18. I will indeed send the "you discontinued in May and now you want a second bit of the cherry" letter.

HH

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you submit a defence last time Hammy?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Discontinuance and subsequent proceedings

A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(a) he discontinued the claim after the defendant filed a defence; and

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim

If its SCT and assume its the same I would just make application to SO on the above basis.Rather pointless to submit another defence and waste Court time,

the wasted costs would be minimal if granted anyway

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Discontinuance and subsequent proceedings

A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim

If its SCT and assume its the same I would just make application to SO on the above basis.Rather pointless to submit another defence and waste Court time,

the wasted costs would be minimal if granted anyway

Andy

They are abusing Court procedures because you submitted a defence last time round.I would not advocate playing the process if your goal is wasted Costs they may succeed this time and not discontinue.Better to nip it in the bud why you legally can IMHO.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I have acknowledged on line just to give me some time for the next stage. I assume it is the normal application notice N244 but how would I word why I want a strike out, this is where I get totally lost.

If my application is not heard before my defence should be lodged can judgment be obtained because I have not filed a defence.

HH

You simply state I make this application to strike out the Claimants Case pursuant to CPR 38.7

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim.

You can still submit a short holding defence and refer to your application ,reason and conclude with

I request the Claimants case be struck out pursuant to CPR 38.7

All bases covered:-D

• 1 month later...

I need some help please.

Received a letter basically saying "the facts in this case are different in that our client was not sure whether they had served a default notice and formal demand last time, they have this time so the facts are different" I did receive a DN and FD last time so in effect the account was terminated and thereby another DN and FD would be useless.

Bless them they say "if you withdraw your defence you don't have to pay our costs but if you don't we will make an application to strike out".

My application to strike out seems to have disappeared into the ether, the court cant find it at the moment.

Obviously I am not going to withdraw but does anyone have any advice?

BTW its back with the original solicitors.

HH

Edited by hammyhound

Lost for words Hammy, speechless, chase up your Application and get it in front of the DJ.

Regards

Andy

I need some help please.

Received a letter basically saying "the facts in this case are different in that our client was not sure whether they had served a default notice and formal demand last time, they have this time so the facts are different" I did receive a DN and FD last time so in effect the account was terminated and thereby another DN and FD would be useless.......................

HH

hammyhound

some cpr 38.7 info for eg! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?235502

Thanks to you both for this. There is one question I may ask, even if the original TN was defective if that's what they are thinking and pretending they couldn't find it wouldn't commencing proceedings in the first claim have terminated the account automatically being sums claimed not yet due and thereby it would be pointless issuing a new DN and TN as the account was not live.

I am chasing up my N244 tomorrow at Northampton, might have to send another one in again tomorrow if they can't find it.

Thanks again

HH

• 2 weeks later...

Grrr two days after sending my application to Northampton I receive a notice of transfer of proceedings to my local court due to the fact that the first solicitors have come off the court record. Northampton are so far behind with their work. They are still dealing with papers from 3 weeks ago so have not received the notice of change from the new solicitors. I already received a notice of change of solicitors 3 weeks ago. Will my application now be forwarded to my local court.

Oh also got a reminder letter from the new solicitors with an offer of not paying their costs.

28 days have now passed since I lodged my defence, because the matter has been transferred to my local court does this mean that the Claimant does not have to make an application to lift the say to proceed. Is this now automatic due to the transfer. So confusing.

HH