British Gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

British Gas have just sent me a threatening letter stating that if I don't pay them £68 within the next 7 days that they are taking me to court.

I used to be a BG customer up until about 3 months ago - they have not sent me any bills, and have not made any reference to what the £68 is for. Not even as high a level as wether it's for elctricity or gas.

I probably do owe them the money, but I'm thinking that due to the rude way in which they have asked for it, I might as well have some fun.

Surely under the CPR they have to give me 28 days notice of any court proceedings?

Also, if I did allow it to go to court, what would a judge say about the demand?

As far as I'm aware, I don't owe them anything - although, as I said, it's possible that I do owe them something; I just don't know. This could be a company just trying it on. They have not mentioned at all what the money is for and have just demanded it or else.

Any thoughts?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ask them to justify what its for.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

I intend to. I also intend to put them on notice under s7 of the DPA - in case they intend to pass this to a DCA.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Sounds like your having fun with it already.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

If its based on estimated readings or none calibration of a prepayment meter it is not justified and their is a route to take for this. Also go to energywatch their is a HUGE thing going on with energywatch at the moment and all suppliers are running scared.

• 1 month later...

I have one from Powergen from when we moved in here, they keep sending letters to "the occupier" demanding £50 or something like that, I keep ignoring them, we switched to our previous homes supplier when we moved in -why should i pay powergen??!! - they keep threatning baliffs, what can they do? they don't have a name, who can they take to court, it's hilarious!!

I have one from Powergen from when we moved in here, they keep sending letters to "the occupier" demanding £50 or something like that, I keep ignoring them, we switched to our previous homes supplier when we moved in -why should i pay powergen??!! - they keep threatning baliffs, what can they do? they don't have a name, who can they take to court, it's hilarious!!

Unfortunatley for the first 28 days after moving to a new property you have to stay with the current supplier of the property, after which you can then change supplier. Therefore you will owe Powergen for the period from move in to the date of the change of supply.

Powergen can only get a warrant for entry if they still supply the property. You WILL need to contact them to ensure that they received the change of supply notifications and that they have closed the Occupier account.

An occupier account is opened when the previous owner/tenant of the property informs the supplier that they are/have moved out but they don't know the details of the new occiupier. It is your responsibility to contact the suppliers of the property to open an account in your name and provide meter reads for the date of move in.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.