Result from Nationwide!

tbathgate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey All,

was a msierable Monday morning!! The new forum is looking great!

Ok quick update - I have two accounts with Nationwide, one had £60 of charges and the other was £116.53.

I just logged into my internet banking this morning to find that they have refunded the £60 of charges in the account today.

I haven't had any mail yet so if I get a letter I will let you all know what it says.

Still waiting for news of the other account, sent the letters at the same time, so maybe just processing it now!

Will keep you updated!!

Tom

Hey All,

Just to keep this up to date.

Received my letters from nationwide this morning...

Letter 1 goes like this:

Dear Mr Bathgate,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, regarding the charges on your FlexAccount.

I am pleased to tell you that as a valued member the sum of £60.00 has been refunded.

Whilst these charges have been refunded we cannot guarantee that future requests will be granted.

So am happy with that as I got the charges back.

Letter Two re £116.53 goes like this:

Dear Mr Bathgate,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, regarding the charges on your FlexAccount.

As a value member I want to help you get the best from your account. our policy on refunding charges is to refund the first charge. It is then the customers' responsibility if any future charges are incurred. Due to previous charges being refunded on the 17th January 2006 for £100.00, I am unable to grant your request.

what a joke!!!

So They have had the initial request and letter two above is the reponse to the LBA so now its time to claim. However they are still within the 14 days response to the LBA time

So do you think I should send a rather polite reminder back that the clock is still ticking and if they fail to refund the charges then I will proceed with action or just proceed with action?

Thanks

Tom

Yeah, why not?

Say thanks for that, where's the rest? Remember that only way to stop me from filing and for you to avoid additional court csts and interest is to pay in totality before xxx, love,tbathgate. (You get the gist).

Okay have written a letter, what do you think? Is it a bit soft, could I be slightly more firm in my wording?

Dear Sir/madam,

FlexAccount Number: xxxxxxxx

In response to your letter dated 24th March 2006, I acknowledge and thank you for the refund of £100 on the 17th January 2006.

However, I have already stated in previous correspondence that you have 14 days to refund these costs before I make a claim against you including interest and court costs.

The only way to stop me from filing a claim against you and for you to avoid additional court costs and interest is to pay in totality the sum of £116.81 before 10th April 2006.

No further notice will be given after the 10th of April and action will commence immediately.

I look forward to your response

Does that sound ok?

Ta

Tom

Dear Mr Hoar,

Furthur to my letter dated 15th feb 06,requesting the return

of all charges made on this account in the last 6 years within 7 days of reciept of the aforementioned letter by way of a personal cheque.

Due to your refusal to my request,(in your letter dated 16/2/06),and having had 7 days to return all charges, I unfortunately have no other alternative but to pursue this matter within the County Courts.

Was that the same letter you sent?

I know its not.

They send intimidating letters to scare people.

Bully Boy tactics do not work on people who know their rights.

We have the law on our side.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks