'fresh start' loan for scotcall ltd.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need advice :(

i had my local agent ask me to sign into a agreement to repay a out standing debt, it was with littlewoods.

she had all the figures with her as to what i would pay back, but it didnt sound right, i said i needed to think about it, i felt harased,she wants me to ring today as to what ive decided.

today i got the letter from provident again about paying for a debt 'fresh start' loan for scotcall ltd.

i need to know what my rights are, and do they realy have the right to do this, when i said well what if i dont want to she said she couldnt pass a comment on that. but i get the feeling iam going to get harased about this.

any advice please

many thanks

Dont agree to anything, what they are doing is in breach of OFT Guildlines and you should complain about it.

ALthough Provident are Debt Collectors aswell as creditors, they are basically paying of the debt to littlewoods or scotcall a total less then the actuall amount owed, and then expecting you to pay it back on a monthly basis as if it was aloan.

I am interested to know though, what kind of agreement was it that the agent was asking you to sign? Was it a credit agreement/loan agreement or say it was regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, or anything like that?

Either way, DO NOT SIGN IT, tell the agent your not interested in their offer and that if they continue you will report them and the littlewoods/scotcall to the OFT, Tranding standards, Information commisioner office, and even BBC watchdog, to publicly highlight their actions.

If you can ask the agent prior to that for a copy of the agreement they wanted you to sign and scan it and post it up for us to see (minus all your personal and identifiable details), then that would be fantastic.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

On a personal note, its sounds to me like scotcall and provident are sharing personal data (data matching), to see who of the accused debtors scotcall have on their list, are also provident loan customers. when they get a match they and provident try get them to agree to a loan type deal where provident pay scotcall a reduced amount they make the accused debtor repay on monthly instalments.

IF this is so then its highly Illegal.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

it was a loan it says 0% apr

in your 2nd post about them getting the information about people on there book's, thats what i thought. no joke she had a good 20 pages behind mine.

ok i will say no, iam just worried about the out come, and any one else that dose'nt have the internet to find out this is wrong.

but thank you for your advice :)

Send a CCA request to Scotcall and littlewoods, if they dont have a copy of that then they can not enforce the debt, and judging by their actions i doubt they do have a CCA for the debt. Send them by recorded delivery, so then theyll have to sign it when it delivered

If you give me a minute ill paste up a template letter for the CCA request for you.

Heres the template, Whatever you do DO NOT SIGN IT BY HAND as they may try to lift your signiture to recreate a fake CCA agreement and pass it off as the original.

You will need to change it to s78

Please ammend paragragh 1 to suit. ie s77 Fixed sum credit such as loans, s78 Running account credit such as credit cards & catalogues and s79 Hire agreements.

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

(DELETE THIS BELOW IF YOU ARE SENDING THE LETTER TO THE ORIGNAL CREDITOR AS OPPOSED TO A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY)

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

Edited by teaboy2

Hi, pink00.

I'm going to move yours and teaboy2's posts to start a new thread for you, I'll send you a PM with the 'link'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It begs the question, why would a company offer an interest free loan if the original alleged debt had an enforceable CCA? :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hmm, this is becoming a growing menace for 2010!

As the DCA is not supposed to pass your details onto a Debt Management Company without your express wishes, they have begun to send 'alleged' debtors details to Provident.....extremely dubious, and underhand, this really does need reporting to the OFT and TS via consumer direct;

Consumer Direct

It is highly advisable to tell Provident to send their complaints procedure by return of post, and file a complaint with them all the way until they are forced to have the FOS investigate.

The only CCA you need send is to the company who is asking you for the money, so if it is Snotcall asking for the money then you ONLY need send them the CCA request;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

You DO NOT need to send out any more, to anyone. it is pointless and costly to duplicate these requests, one is all that is needed.

Print your name, DO NOT sign it, and send by recorded delivery.

If they ring, simply tell them 'everything in writing' and put the phone down, if they persist, than make a diary of all the calls, and report them to the Police for the criminal offence of Harassment.

There is nothing to worry about, there can be no legal action taken against you unless they have a legally enforceable agreement, if they fail to send it within the time scale laid down, (14days), then the agreement is disputed until such time they can provide the relevant documents.

There will be no bailiffs, no court action, no removing personal belongings, clamping of cars etc etc etc, that is what they want you to believe, it does not happen that way anymore.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ok bazooka boo, so i send a request for the cca, and should i report them and complain to provident.

i will do anything i can, this is wrong, ok i dont know the law, but i do know that any one that turns to the provident is already suffering,and the amount of letters she had, loads of people would have been stressed out last night, i know i did.

so thank you for all the help :)

Complain about Provident's cross marketing of your data to Scotcall to the OFT, it is against their guidelines for a company to offer you credit to pay for existing credit, and highly unethical of Provident to abuse their customer base in this way.

Now you have found CAG we can help you beat these loan sharks and get them out of your life.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As already said DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING.

This is an attempt to convert an unenforcable debt into an enforcable debt.

Do not sign anything, do not agree to anything. There will be NO comeback so do not worry. The agent might huff and puff because they lose commission but there is nothing more thay can do.

Simply tell them you are not intrested and close the door.

it cant just be current customrs provident are cross matching...i do not have any dealings with provident but i still received the same scotcall letter. so scotcall must be passing on information of everyone on their files. irrespective of whether or not they are currently also provident customers.

Which is why the OFT and TS need to be informed of these new tactics, not only is Snotcall in breach of the DPA by passing on your info to a third party without your express say so, but Provident are treading a very fine line also, and should be investigated to see if they are worthy of holding a credit licence.

Consumer Direct

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i thought i would do a mini update

ive had the area manager for provident turn up during the week, she was very off handed, but kept saying i wasnt intrested

today the local rep came, she come's every thursday, but ive know her awhile, she didnt know that the manager had came around,but she asked again, i said i wasnt intrested.

but what she did say was even she didnt think it was right, that the provident have brought the debt of scotcall and debt of a phone company. i get she's only doing her job, but wish it could be proved and stopped :(

many thanks againg for all you help

i thought i would do a mini update

ive had the area manager for provident turn up during the week, she was very off handed, but kept saying i wasnt intrested

today the local rep came, she come's every thursday, but ive know her awhile, she didnt know that the manager had came around,but she asked again, i said i wasnt intrested.

but what she did say was even she didnt think it was right, that the provident have brought the debt of scotcall and debt of a phone company. i get she's only doing her job, but wish it could be proved and stopped :(

many thanks againg for all you help

Ummm, You do realise that sending people round to your doorstep, in an attempt to collect the debt, which this basically what the area manager was doing by trying to get you to agree their offer, is yet a further breach of OFT Guidlines as they had not made an appointment to visit you. (well i assume they did not)

In fact without an appointment, then its basically tort of tresspass under common law.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Also it can been seen as an attempt to pysically harass you into agreeing. which is a breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

You really need to make a formal complaint against these 2 companies!

i got the doorstep visit and told him to get back down my path as he wasnt getting one penny of my money. i have since complained to provi, consumer direct and scotcall....they have given my personal information away....sorry...sold it. and provident are trying to get me to sign for a loan i dont owe them. interest free or not. it will be a cold day in hell before they get a penny of my money....but i am so angry at the thought of how many poor people dont know about this forum or others similar, and are signing this trash!

Hopefully Consumer Direct will be able to rattle the right cages in order to get this extremely underhand method of business banned.

Defo one to be chasing up, it will be amusing to hear what snotcall and provident have to say for themselves, allow them no wriggle room, they are firmly on the hook, and need to be investigated, possibly by the ICO as it is breaching the DPA.

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

Go get em!

Boo;)